overall

RATINGS: 1507   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Squeeze those hops for all they’re worth and prepare to pucker up: Tröegs’ newest single batch brew, Nugget Nectar Ale, will take hopheads to nirvana with a heady collection of Nugget, Warrior and Tomahawk hops. Starting with the same base ingredients of our flagship HopBack Amber Ale, Nugget Nectar intensifies the malt and hop flavors to create an explosive hop experience.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
green (186) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 29, 2007
Big fresh hop aroma. Mildly sweet, bit oily. Strong dark fruit and very rich hop flavors. Finishes without much bitterness, slight alcohol, and lingering dark fruit.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
scooter520 (185) - - APR 26, 2012
Bottle. Appearance: nice clear copper brown, with foamy off white head. Aroma: pine, caramel maltiness, and citrus. Taste: beautifully balanced hoppy floral citrusiness and malty carameliness. Starting in the middle that piney bitterness comes thru all the way through the finish and Palate: nice creamy smooth, not much carbonation. Overall: this is one of the best IPAs (or is it a hoppy amber ale) out there. Wonderfully balanced with an awesome bitter finish. I love it!

HellesBunny666 (185) - Virginia, USA - APR 17, 2014
Happiness! Perfectly balanced ipa, beautiful dark amber color. Intense hops, floral, fruity, sweet, honey. So smooth. One of the best beers I ever had.

Dal9000 (184) - Ohio, USA - FEB 16, 2014
Pours reddish brown with a sticky head. Mild orange hop taste. Lingering mild citrus hops. Slight sweetness that fades perfectly. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
melvin980 (184) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 13, 2007
Not as good as I heard everyone say it was. A bit of a dissapointment. Not my favorite ipa, although it does claim to be an "Imperial Amber Ale" on the label.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
moseslikesbeer (183) - conestoga, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 2, 2008
had this at a tasting with the devonshire bro’s. first off I must say that I am a Troegs fan. they are a local favorite of mine. however I am not a "hophead". and this beer is for hopheads alone. someone pointed out last night that this beer smelled like cat piss, standing there with beer in hand I had to agree. smelled of cat piss and a tad bit o’ grapefruit. It looked good for an IPA. My friend afireinside96 told us that this was good for an IPA and I will have to take his word on that because I have not had an IPA that I have liked yet. overall, I don’t care to have this "cat piss" again. I believe in a thing called balance and this brew has none to speak of. so hopheads unite and enjoy the hops. If you are like me and want a little balance with those hops STAY AWAY from this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ElDuderino (183) - Hyde Park, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 26, 2009
On tap at the Publick House in Brookline, also fresh bottle, but rating from tap. Body is a transparent orange with a tall tight pure white head. Nose is full of fresh spring flowers, wet grass and pine needles. Pallate is interesting to say the least, the front end is still malty and mild but the back is all hops and puckering bitterness. The flavor is mostly a mix of floral notes with some citrus peel, simple syrup, and grapefruit. One of the best hoppy east coast brews I have had to date.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bonbright7 (181) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - MAR 5, 2009
Tap at Bobbique. This golden/amber ale was a perfect pairing with sliced bbq brisket last night at the famed Bobbique of Patchogue , NY. My two pints had a sweet aroma coming from them and I would not have guessed it was an IPA from the taste that came next. Yes, it was hop-laden, but the body was different from the aggressive ones, such as with DFH and Stone. It was super easy to drink and I almost can’t wait to try the bottle version in comparison.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ManvsCity (180) - Redmond, Washington, USA - JUN 20, 2009
12 oz bottle from Chuck’s in Bowling Green. A great balanced malty sweetness against intense hop bitters, but it all melds together into a very mellow mouth feel, followed by a full on pucker. This after the bottles have been carefully cold-aging since winter! There’s a pleasant mild yeast aroma, reminiscent of a good white wine. Very thin but lingering white head. Rich amber body. Slight carbonation. An excellent IPA.

Bonster (180) - Jersey Shore, New Jersey, USA - FEB 17, 2010
Bottle from local. My new favorite "everyday" beer. Clear orange amber pour with sticky white head that leaves rings of lacing. Aroma is beautiful hops, pine, citrus, and floral. Flavors balance well between the hops and malt..not too biting.