overall

RATINGS: 1503   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Squeeze those hops for all they’re worth and prepare to pucker up: Tröegs’ newest single batch brew, Nugget Nectar Ale, will take hopheads to nirvana with a heady collection of Nugget, Warrior and Tomahawk hops. Starting with the same base ingredients of our flagship HopBack Amber Ale, Nugget Nectar intensifies the malt and hop flavors to create an explosive hop experience.

Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 7, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2006 This was a really great IPA. The color was cloudy gold with a thin white head. The taste was very balanced despite the amount of hops. This is really worth a try. RE-RATE: 2/4/06 From Bottle: This was bottled about a week ago and it has to be one of my favorite beers. So fresh, so balanced, and so juicy with hops that it isn’t even funny. Darker in color (more amber) than the draft version. I loved this beer and I bet you will to. Highly recommended.

kps100nj (6) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 27, 2006 does not count
great beer. they should make it all year. I would but it no matter what season. I like it more than most beers i have had ever.

lemasney (398) - Trenton, New Jersey, USA - MAR 16, 2009
Style; glass: India Pale Ale/Imperial Amber; tulip 22 fl oz x 7.5% ABV = 165 / 60 = 2.75 beers * 150 C = 412.5 calories (est.) Purchased at: Canal’s Burlington, NJ for $5.99 A beautiful deep amber body under an off white head. Full of sweetness and bitterness so very nicely balanced. Pine, citrus and rind all meet in a deep and delicious beer.

Tdevil (13) - Feetood, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 13, 2009
One of my absolute favorites. If you are not a fan of hops then this is not the beer for you. Not a complex beer at all- it gets straight to the point- hops. Very piney aroma and it tastes just like it smells. Nice prickly carbonation without much head. The hop aroma burns your nostrils as you sip from the glass, but the flavor has more of a tang than a bitterness. A very well-done, perfectly balanced ale that’s worth waiting to get only once a year. I also toured the Troegs brewery in Harrisburg. A very nice, down-to-earth bunch of people I must add.

mgmuscari (1) - New Jersey, USA - APR 27, 2010 does not count
This beer is truly what it claims to be - a delicious, hoppy nectar. The aroma is full and flowery, and it pours a beautiful deep amber with a light head. Its taste can be described as very hoppy with a slight hint of citrus. It’s refreshing and leaves a clean palate. This is one of my absolute favorite beers.

SimonBrewski (1) - Ohio, USA - NOV 5, 2010 does not count
Aroma, flavor, craft, everything about this beer is amazing. I just wish it wasn’t a seasonal.

bialover (9) - Virginia, USA - JAN 28, 2011 does not count
This is THE BEST IPA on the planet period I even like it this year than last year. It’s too perfect I love this beer

hophopaway (7) - Alabama, USA - FEB 1, 2011 does not count
This is the BEST IHA ( Imperial Hoppy Amber) i ever tasted great nose great flavor and great finish

Stoked77 (3) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 2, 2011 does not count
I would say this is the best beer troegs puts out, I only wish they would brew this beer year round. This also the best IPA I have ever had.

Polorl69 (8) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 14, 2011 does not count
I would say that this is one of my top 3 favorite beers. The balance and body that this beer has is unbelievable for a 90+ IBU ale. Troegs calls it an amber ale, which it is by color and malt. Like Stones IPA there is a very hoppy ( ganja) aroma, but unlike Stones you tounge does not go numb after 4 or 5. Overal Troegs makes quality beers that are somewhat extreme but very well balanced. I recomend this to EVERYONE.