RATINGS: 715   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
At Tröegs, artisanal meets mechanical in a state of IPA we call Perpetual. Cycling through our HopBack vessel and dry-hopping method, this bold Imperial Pale Ale emerges rife with sticky citrus rind, pine balm and tropical fruit.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
jerwinch (3) - - JUN 17, 2012 does not count
Nice dry, hoppyness throughout. Pale yellow-orange color and piney/citrus aroma. No-nonsense hops. Very little malt. Quickly becoming one if my very favorites.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
grundsow (130) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2014
UPDATED: FEB 20, 2016 A great-tasting beer. Rich and hoppy, but a style with too much alcohol for my taste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
pricey290483 (750) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 27, 2014
really enjoyed this beer was very hoppy with a nice bitter finish little citrus notes a beer that you have to try for yourself

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BillaFly (10) - Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 29, 2014
Twelve ounce bottle in a Sam Adams tulip glass. My favorite beer for my first rating.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
porjos (5) - Danville, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 15, 2013 does not count
As a resident hop-head, this is one of my favorite regional India/imperial pale ales. A bit expensive in my vicinity in relation to other great local craft beers, but evidently worth it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jmarsh123 (163) - Indiana, USA - OCT 4, 2013
Pours a hazy bright gold with a nice frothy two finger head that had good retention. Smells heavily of grapefruit with some citrus notes and a slight biscuit aroma. Good piney resin flavor throughout the palate. It hits you with a bright assault of pine and citrus hops up front and rounds into a touch of almost honey like sweetness on the back of the tongue. Finish is almost perfectly balanced between the pine and malt. Medium carbonation levels and a nice sticky mouthfeel, but not thick or cloying in any way. Can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve had something from Troegs. I think I need an Ohio trip to replenish the supply after I’m reminded how great all of their beers are.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
KChristie87 (12) - Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 30, 2014
When I first had this beer, I fell in love with it. I loved the smell and the look of it. I continued to drink it and everything sort of adjusted to Perpetual. Now it tastes like a normal beer to me. Love Troegs and love IPAs.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
krumbum (996) - truckee, California, USA - MAR 8, 2014
Glowing hazy amber orange. Great piney hop scent. Big hop flavor up front then blends and fades smooth. It leaves a light hop stain behind.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
freekyp (1949) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 6, 2014
UPDATED: AUG 28, 2016 Troegs never fails to impress. Their IPA (Imperial Pale Ale) delivers an Americanized hops bill that piggybacks on an English malt base. Fruity but not citrus, resiny with scads of piney hop spice, the hops play a lead role in the aroma and flavor. But lo, the nutty malt is not to be outdone. Its a push-pull battle to the very end when, at the finish, the hops throw a bitter smack across the palate then bow out gracefully in a clean slick finish. Let’s not forget the clean golden appearance or sticky wads of Belgian lace that grace the drinking vessel either. I wish this one was Perpetually in my fridge.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
beern (37) - Alabama, USA - JUN 12, 2016
Appearance is deep amber-golden with a slight aroma of hops. Taste is mild orange & pine. Finish is smooth & refined. Moderate carbonation.