overall

RATINGS: 584   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Perpetual IPA (Imperial Pale Ale, not India Pale Ale). In our constant evolution as a brewery, we’ve developed a drive to meld artisanal and mechanical. Perpetual IPA utilizes our hopback and dry-hopping to engineer a bold Imperial Pale Ale. We’re always testing the boundaries of modern brewing.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
jerwinch (3) - - JUN 17, 2012 does not count
Nice dry, hoppyness throughout. Pale yellow-orange color and piney/citrus aroma. No-nonsense hops. Very little malt. Quickly becoming one if my very favorites.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
pricey290483 (276) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 27, 2014
really enjoyed this beer was very hoppy with a nice bitter finish little citrus notes a beer that you have to try for yourself

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BillaFly (7) - Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 29, 2014 does not count
Twelve ounce bottle in a Sam Adams tulip glass. My favorite beer for my first rating.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
porjos (5) - Danville, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 15, 2013 does not count
As a resident hop-head, this is one of my favorite regional India/imperial pale ales. A bit expensive in my vicinity in relation to other great local craft beers, but evidently worth it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jmarsh123 (163) - Indiana, USA - OCT 4, 2013
Pours a hazy bright gold with a nice frothy two finger head that had good retention. Smells heavily of grapefruit with some citrus notes and a slight biscuit aroma. Good piney resin flavor throughout the palate. It hits you with a bright assault of pine and citrus hops up front and rounds into a touch of almost honey like sweetness on the back of the tongue. Finish is almost perfectly balanced between the pine and malt. Medium carbonation levels and a nice sticky mouthfeel, but not thick or cloying in any way. Can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve had something from Troegs. I think I need an Ohio trip to replenish the supply after I’m reminded how great all of their beers are.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
KChristie87 (12) - Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 30, 2014
When I first had this beer, I fell in love with it. I loved the smell and the look of it. I continued to drink it and everything sort of adjusted to Perpetual. Now it tastes like a normal beer to me. Love Troegs and love IPAs.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
grundsow (81) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2014
A great-tasting beer. Rich and hoppy, but a style with too much alcohol for my taste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
krumbum (521) - truckee, California, USA - MAR 8, 2014
Glowing hazy amber orange. Great piney hop scent. Big hop flavor up front then blends and fades smooth. It leaves a light hop stain behind.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jesterdeal (1887) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - SEP 6, 2011
Aroma of citrus, grapefruit and just a touch of pine. Everything I like about an IPA. Pours bronze with a big bubbly head. Tastes of pine with hints of the grapefruit. Not as sweet as it smells but quite amazing. nice one, troeggs.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
canes89 (29) - New York, USA - AUG 22, 2012
IM THINKIN I LIKE THIS BETTER THEN NUGGET NECTAR. LOVE THE HOPS . FIRST FOUND PERPETUAL IPA, DOWN AT THE JERSEY SHORE, THEN LUCKY FOUND IT IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS.