overall

RATINGS: 569   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Perpetual IPA (Imperial Pale Ale, not India Pale Ale). In our constant evolution as a brewery, we’ve developed a drive to meld artisanal and mechanical. Perpetual IPA utilizes our hopback and dry-hopping to engineer a bold Imperial Pale Ale. We’re always testing the boundaries of modern brewing.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
jerwinch (3) - - JUN 17, 2012 does not count
Nice dry, hoppyness throughout. Pale yellow-orange color and piney/citrus aroma. No-nonsense hops. Very little malt. Quickly becoming one if my very favorites.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
porjos (5) - Danville, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 15, 2013 does not count
As a resident hop-head, this is one of my favorite regional India/imperial pale ales. A bit expensive in my vicinity in relation to other great local craft beers, but evidently worth it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jmarsh123 (163) - Indiana, USA - OCT 4, 2013
Pours a hazy bright gold with a nice frothy two finger head that had good retention. Smells heavily of grapefruit with some citrus notes and a slight biscuit aroma. Good piney resin flavor throughout the palate. It hits you with a bright assault of pine and citrus hops up front and rounds into a touch of almost honey like sweetness on the back of the tongue. Finish is almost perfectly balanced between the pine and malt. Medium carbonation levels and a nice sticky mouthfeel, but not thick or cloying in any way. Can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve had something from Troegs. I think I need an Ohio trip to replenish the supply after I’m reminded how great all of their beers are.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
KChristie87 (12) - Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 30, 2014
When I first had this beer, I fell in love with it. I loved the smell and the look of it. I continued to drink it and everything sort of adjusted to Perpetual. Now it tastes like a normal beer to me. Love Troegs and love IPAs.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
grundsow (61) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2014
A great-tasting beer. Rich and hoppy, but a style with too much alcohol for my taste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
krumbum (500) - truckee, California, USA - MAR 8, 2014
Glowing hazy amber orange. Great piney hop scent. Big hop flavor up front then blends and fades smooth. It leaves a light hop stain behind.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jesterdeal (1789) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - SEP 6, 2011
Aroma of citrus, grapefruit and just a touch of pine. Everything I like about an IPA. Pours bronze with a big bubbly head. Tastes of pine with hints of the grapefruit. Not as sweet as it smells but quite amazing. nice one, troeggs.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
canes89 (29) - New York, USA - AUG 22, 2012
IM THINKIN I LIKE THIS BETTER THEN NUGGET NECTAR. LOVE THE HOPS . FIRST FOUND PERPETUAL IPA, DOWN AT THE JERSEY SHORE, THEN LUCKY FOUND IT IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jantonius (8) - USA - JAN 1, 2013 does not count
Troegs has hit a homerun with Troegs Perpetual IPA (The First Imperial Pale Ale I have tried). Very nice balance of hops with a nice citra finish, obviously they are making great beers as noted by winning Best Mid Sized Brewery of The Year at the GABF!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DocLock (7695) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 2, 2011
Bombers from Craft, Smith’s, and Capone’s. Pours chill hazy deep gold with 2-finger well-retained white head. 4, almost a 5 for look. Nose is heavy resiny hops, pineapple, citrus, and fresh ground black pepper. Tastes crisp, with caramel malt, nice mix of resiny hops, pineapple, Bartlett pear, honeydew, and tangerine. Doesn’t knock you out with IBUs, but has an elegant grace about it, enough hops to let your taste buds know they’re in for a fight, yet a nice almost pinot grigio quality about it, with the pear and apple notes mingling with the pineapple and tangerine. This one is delicious, and I’d like to see this one become a perpetual part of the Troegs lineup.