overall
Brewed by Tsingtao Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Qinqdao, China

RATINGS: 31   MEAN: 1.75/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.91   EST. CALORIES: 93   ABV: 3.1%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
rcasta (839) - EL SALVADOR - APR 15, 2008
When in shenzen and you find out everything else went to shiznit... Drink this

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 21, 2007
Bottle, labeled as Pure Draft Beer. Label matches can pictures. Very bright yellow color with a quickly diminished white head. The color is so yellow it just does not look natural. LIght pale malt aromas couple with a dry flower/grass scent. Clean and simple aroma. Very watery from the start, with a light pale malt sweetness that is greeted by a touch of herbal bitterness. Dry finish leaving one question if there was anything really going on. I guess I could see this with some spicy chinese dish, but to watery for much else.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
jayinhk (10) - HONG KONG - AUG 25, 2006
Light and unflavorful. Quite a lot of head, surprisingly. Can’t detect any hops and it isn’t bitter at all. On sale at 7-11 in Hong Kong right now; two 500ml cans for around $10 HK, which is about $1.30 US. Good deal, but definitely nothing special. Good with Chinese food and when you’re broke....

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
larsga (6314) - Oslo, NORWAY - JUN 7, 2006
Pale yellow body with ongoing carbonation. Creamy small white head. Aroma of light straw with slight malt notes. Taste is again light straw with some grain. Aftertaste has a nice faint hop profile. Traces of bitterness. Watery. Faintly sourish. Forgettable. (0.33l bottle.)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
drpimento (2293) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 16, 2006
Pours with a very light head and very pale yellow color. No lace. Bit of a grainy nose, very little hop in aroma or taste. Lingering sweetness. Not bad, but I’d go to others first if I had the opportunity. This was from a can I brought back from Hong Kong recently well within the freshness date.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - JAN 23, 2005
So my first day in Taiwan was free. I managed to mostly defeat jet lag through clever use of alcohol and stimulants, so I actually got to enjoy most of the day even though I really started dragging ass around 6:00 pm. Anyway, I had me a tour guide, this chick who is a friend of this other Taiwanese chick that I know...networking, boys, NETWORKING!! While she was showing me around I’m looking around for beers that I haven’t had. Every market place has the same 5 or so: Taiwan Beer, Tsingtao, Heineken, San Miguel, Kirin. I keep dragging this girl into every store that has a cooler in the back. She thinks it’s pretty strange and I explain about this web site in the simplest terms I can. Finally, at a 7-11, I notice that they have two designs of Tsingtao cans, and one costs NT$ 34 while the other one is 36...jackpot! Champagne-like fizzy pour, white head that thins out faster than my hair did when I turned 25. The smell is halfways acceptable, it’s like a clean version on MGD. But the taste is quite bland and watery, with notes of canned corn and hay. Slight palate residual that goes away pretty quickly. I feel like I could drink these all day and not feel anything.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jerohen (2029) - Bussum, NETHERLANDS - JAN 9, 2005
Canned, 0.5 liter. Clear yellow coloured, rapidly dying head. Total lack of aroma and flavour. But thank you TT for always taking some beer home from your Asian travels!

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Oakes (12788) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - OCT 4, 2004
Bright yellow colour. Slightly grassy hop aroma. Very light flavour. Medium body for style. There is more grassiness, but only just, in the flavour than aroma. Finish is watery and quick.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
imdownthepub (10647) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - MAY 6, 2004
Keg in local Chinese Restaurant. Pale Gold with delicate white head. A very pleasant light beer, particularly compared to some Eurofiz UK lagers. A reasonable amount of dryish hops and particularly refreshing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
omhper (19950) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - APR 2, 2004
Bottled. Pale golden. Rice aroma. Medium sweet, bready and nearly medium bodied. Actually seems to contain some hops, and even a vague trace of bitterness. One of the better Chinese beers I've come across.