Brewed by Beijing Five Star Tsingtao Brewing Co.
Style: Pale Lager
Beijing, China

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 1.88/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.4   ABV: -

KapitiCritique's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
KapitiCritique (345) - Xincheng, Henan Province, - SEP 29, 2012
very nondescript, clear light yellow and very effervescent, almost tasteless. at least you know it will not give you the green apple two-step.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
uvajed (174) - Ravenna, Ohio, USA - JUL 6, 2003
Interesting, being from China, but a poor substitute for a real beer. I honestly only tried it because it was cheap and contained alcohol, and it served only a very basic purpose. Kind of a strangely sweet, fruity flavor. Not at all hoppy and not something I particularly cared for. But hey, did I mention it was on sale?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 13, 2002
Hell yeah, brother. "China’s State Banquet Beer". What exactly is a banquet beer? I expected a lite beer flavor, which is a contradiction of terms, but this was pretty tasteful, maybe not really tasty, but it did have flavor. It’s reminiscent of a pilsener, with a decidedly german flavor. I’d bet they used Saaz hops. The beer is a beautiful bright gold color. I was expecting absolutely nothing, and I guess i was pleasantly surprised. Drink out of a pilsen or hefe glass.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - SEP 3, 2002
The label says that this is "China’s State Banquet Beer" - oh I feel so sorry for them! This stuff is thin, watery, weak, full of sugary fakeness, lacking hops, no head, no lace, and for an extra kick of krappy-ness, it’s packaged in a green bottle! It gets a "3" for impression only because I will never forget it!