overall
Style: Premium Lager
Qinqdao, China
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1712   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.04   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Tsingtao Beer has a pleasant aroma and a well-balanced taste. It has high-malty flavor and well-hopped character. Tsingtao is produced with spring water from Laoshan, a mountain area famous throughout China for the purity of its water. The domestically-grown hops used to brew Tsingtao are of such high quality that they are also exported to European breweries. Tsingtao also uses the finest yeast and barley imported from Australia and Canada in its brewing process.

NOTE: Under this entry, rate ONLY exported Tsingtao that roughly matches the ABV and local Tsingtao that matches it completely. If it differs in any way and doesn’t match the other entries under the brewer, please send in a bug report with the alcohol percentage, degrees plato (important!), the GTIN and preferably a link to a picture of both the front and the back label so that we can set up an entry.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - JUN 21, 2002
I’d like to thank my good friend Jon for drinking bad beer when we went to a happy hour after work, so that I could have a sip and incrase my number of ratings by one for free. Plus, I could rate a bad beer on a sip instead of having to invest in an entire bottle. Yuck!! Quickly dissipating foamy head, very clear and watery. Awful smell, I swore that it reeked of garbage.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Indra (2593) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JUN 21, 2002
I really enjoyed reading the many entertaining comments and ratings left in regards to this beer. In fact, I enjoyed them more than I did the beer itself. I would actually rather drink ice water, yes, even with my Chinese food.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
CQC (224) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - JUN 21, 2002
Bloody hell these boys know how to destroy beer. What a stench. Tastes like stale twisties. Do not drink this.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
MrRomero (1974) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 15, 2002
Only drinkable in a Chinese restaurant. I would never purchase it in a store.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - JUN 15, 2002
I always look forward to grabbing a few of these at my favorite Chinese restaurant. I was more than pleasantly surprised the first time I tried this.*Re-rate* This brew pours with a clear golden light body and lively carbonation. The mostly diminishing head is frothy white and average sized with fair lacing. The nose is light with hints of caramel, and flowers. The initial flavor is malt sweetness. The finish is well balanced. The texture is light and crisp and clean at the finish. Both flavor and nose improve drastically as brew approaches cellar temperature.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
pivo (2544) - GERMANY - JUN 3, 2002
Light malt nose and piss yellow color. Stale cardboardy taste. Thin. Not good.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
YogiBeera (2444) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 2, 2002
First hoppy aroma - whoever, it looks ugly yellow and tastes like water with a little sign of hops. There is bottled water with more flavour than this beer!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
rauchbier (3596) - Isle Of Beer, Lincolnshire, ENGLAND - MAY 24, 2002
Low , faintly malty aroma. No head and straw coloured. Sweet malt in the mouth quickly disappears in the aftertaste which becomes dry and flavourless.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Davhgbrew (928) - Coconut Creek, Florida, USA - MAY 16, 2002
Grainy, pilsner aroma which was typicaly uninteresting. Palate is full bodied for a pils, watery middle, finishes balanced with a little malt. Not that bad, I could probably get sloppy off this one if I was looking for a pounder, but would probably just choose a cheap American if I was in the market for somethin’ like this.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
achtungpv (210) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 14, 2002
Once I finally tasted it, it tasted totally like Rolling Rock. Not a good thing. My fingers sure are sore as hell from lifting the bottle with chopsticks though.