overall

RATINGS: 174   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Tuckerman Brewing Co.’s flagship beer. Our interpretation of an American style Pale Ale, it is brewed using English and Belgian specialty malts and four different domestic whole hops. It is dry hopped and bottle conditioned, creating a beer with a strong malt character and a floral yet spicy hop quality. Tuckerman Pale Ale will be available year round. Currently, it is our introductory beer and is our only brew available.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 11, 2001
Very fresh and with a nice balance that goes down easy. I could drink this all night.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
homebrewer799 (12) - Roslindale, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 21, 2002
Very, Very good hop character! I always drink this stuff when I’m visiting the White Mountains. I wish I could get this stuff in Boston.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
beb5000 (23) - Avon, Connecticut, USA - DEC 19, 2002
I was very suprised when I tasted this in my last trip to NH. A great drinking beer, I wish I could get it in CT

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - MAY 28, 2002
Very unusual, IMO. Fluffy lightness to the hops, dry-hopped, yes, and substantially, but more subtle than is usually done. VERY airy beer, with huge bubbled head that doesn’t last too long. Citrus, but not of typical variety. Trap says melon, yeah, I can grok that. Defines floral without trying too hard, somehow. Others here are commenting on the malt character. Unfortunately, I’m not getting it like I would like; with the proper balance this would easily be my fav. APA ever. In the hops dept., this is tops, ’A numer one’. The polar opposite of Bell’s pale ale. Switching those two within a session would blow my mind. Lastly, this beer is what Geary’s pale ale (also from the NE) strives to be.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - JUN 16, 2003
Pretty wicked stuff! It's exciting to find a pale ale by a small unknown brewery that can stand up to the best of them. Nice spicy hop flavor in the aroma, leading you to belive the hops will be overwhelming. Fortunuately they're not, and the beer itself is an exceptionally well balanced american style pale ale. In the same class as Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and just as good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ericnixon (740) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 26, 2003
Wow...gwood stuff. nice ambery/golden color, great hoppy aroma, nice smooth, well balanced taste with the slightest spicy hints in it. Wicked frickin' gwood.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dwyerpg (4635) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 4, 2004
Aroma on this beer is very interesting. Originally i think there was vanilla, but now it smells like burnt wood perhaps?? Less abrasively hoppy then Sierra Nevada, with a relatively low-key finish. A sure keeper.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
neverleaveopen (154) - GERMANY - MAR 24, 2013
clear golden amber. outstanding aroma. strong malt character and floral yet spicy hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - SEP 30, 2002
Excellent head and lace. Moderatly fruity and malty. Good bitterness, but not over hopped. Nice dry finish. Very good and well crafted.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 11, 2002
Very floral, fruity undertones. Honey amber hue. White sticky head. Very firm malt backbone, yeast, medium bodied, crisp carbonation, fresh fruit, big strong bitter lingering finish, pine resin, flowers, herbs. Very nice.