overall

RATINGS: 71   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.37   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A clean, refreshing lager capable of subduing any thirst.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
drakes (2) - - JUN 4, 2013 does not count
Brewed from unique equtorial barley malt. Crisp and refreshing, perfectly suited for all seasons.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ordybill (101) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 6, 2014
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. This beer was purchased at a liquor store in Smyrna, GA. This is by far the best African beer I have had to date. My son drank this pretty regularly while overseas and he always told me that I should try it. He was right, nice flavor, palate and taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BlackHaddock (4009) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - MAY 10, 2012
March 2008: from BA. Green 300ml bottle, brought back from Kenya last year so I could review it at my leasure. Still well within its best before date, I poured into a Corsendonk stemmed tulip shaped glass. Looks like a Dort, a deep darker, old gold colour. Not the bright, light normal lager hue. The white head does stay, but there isnít a huge top to start with. Malt aroma, barley and some hops too. Fairly sweet caramel esters also. Even in the cold English winter this African beer has something worth having. Drinking it reminded me of the Safari and all the excitment there of, wonderful. Malty and clean tasting, plenty of flavour from the yeast and hops. The sweetness of the caramel smell doesnít come into taste, but a little sweetnes is within the flavours. This is a good beer, obviously it tastes better in the warmth with the sun on your back, but its mouthfeel is just right. The malt flavour stays throughout and no metalic twang arrives like some malt lagers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RblWthACoz (964) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - SEP 8, 2007
I had this in Nairobi, so I am sure that it was much fresher than one would find it outside of Kenya. Standard lager character until you get to the flavor. Extremely robust and full. So hearty and even that I was shocked as I drank it. If only the beer could find itís way to the U.S. and still be this good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
canary dog (665) - Rutland, Vermont, USA - AUG 13, 2001
A very nice lager. Clean, cold, and refreshing. Very slight graininess and subtle hops make this a decent thirst quencher. Try it with spicy Thai noodle dishes.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
garthicus (2711) - Dublin, IRELAND - DEC 30, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2007 An excellent brew, of all the East African beers, this is the best IMHO. mild aftertaste, nice smell, hard to get outside Africa.. (well, hard to get in Ireland) one of my favorite beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jrallen34 (3483) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 28, 2011
Surprise present from my dad. I saw that it was a Kenyan lager and I almost didnít even want to try it. Being the ticker that I am, I gave it a shot, and this is exactly why we donít judge a beer by its location...Appearance nothing to note...Aroma is light and sweet, corn, but youíd expect tons of skunk and none is present...The aroma is light and sweet, not at all a typical lager. This isnít a great beer but it exceeds expectations for a lager and a Kenyan beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
johnnnniee (2404) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 9, 2014
Bottle from Andover Liquors Pour a crystal clear golden straw color with a decent sized tightly bubbled white head that dissipates quickly to a faint cap on top. Aromas of sweet grainy honey like pilsner malt and a faint floral hop. Iím a bit surprised that the aroma is so damn inviting. The flavor is lightly sweet and honey like with some faint earthy spicy hop to balance. Medium body with a moderate level of carbonation and slick sugary water mouthfeel. Very nice example of a pale lager, I could see some of these on a warm summer day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Buzzfuzz (1) - - NOV 12, 2014 does not count
Not a bad lager. Light and quite refreshing. Lacks body..... Ok summer drink. But then I am not much of a lager fan. I would buy it again

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Fatehunter (1330) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - MAR 10, 2012
Poured into a pint glass. Clear, straw color with a half finger of white head that held pretty well for this style. Good lacing. Smells like corn husks and cotton candy. Watery taste, mildest bitterness, ends a little sweet. Crisp texture, light body, moderate carbonation. Fits the bill style-wise. Maybe I havenít had an adjunct lager in awhile but this was a decent drink. No off-flavors or bad smell.