overall

RATINGS: 272   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.44   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Six kinds of hot chili peppers go into this fiery-ass beer including the infamous ghost pepper. Serrano, jalapeno, habanero, fresno & anaheim also lend their rich flavors to make for a taste-sizzling good time. Keep away from children and the tepid of tongue.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 14/20
obguthr (4528) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - APR 14, 2013
Hot pepper and ash aroma. Ok, Iím not sure I really want to drink this. Crystal clear amber, minimal head. Holy shit, what have I done! G*d damn that burns. I donít think that I can finish the 12 oz. bottle.Itís delicious, but unpleasant otherwise. I can feel all the arteries and veins from my neck up dilating. Flavor is cayenne and habanero. Undrinkable (for me) without a milk chaser. With milk though, it becomes increasingly tolerable and enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
CanIHave4Beers (3556) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - APR 8, 2013
I suppose I had to enter a 100th Colorado rate sooner or later. Thanks to Sam for the bottle, I had been saving it for when I had guests... alas this is now in Iowa so guests will no longer be impressed with my hop pepper whale.

This stuff pours really hazy and blonde, the rise and fall of the head is akin to soda pop & there are lots of floaties, one of them looks like a pepper seed, I sort of hope it is a pepper seed, but I donít really think it is.

The aroma is pretty awesome, just way way pepper forward like a whole pile of freshly chopped hop peppers. One noted, but enjoyable.

Well, thatís some silly ass beer right there. I can see some folks really enjoying this and Iíll say itís even from my wussy standards enjoyable. It starts off with a whole bunch of JalapeŮo & Habanero flavor, then the heat builds to what I would describe as just below a painful level. Certainly some nice Serrano notes, plenty of intense heat... Iím really not sure Iíll be finishing the bottle... this is much more of an "experience" beer than something nice to drink.

My face is all red and stuff.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Concealer (937) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 2, 2013
Pours an orange color. Smells of a variety of peppers with a hint of spiciness. The aroma is almost of pizza. Taste is mostly heat but with a finish of underlining veggies and chili. It is obviously hot but with a good flavor. I had to eat something with it though. Perhaps it would be used best to cook with. Not really a session brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jmohno (1234) - Iowa, USA - MAR 31, 2013
Hazedish gold color,depends if you pour it all probably making it pretty hazy. Aroma is hot pepper/roasted or grilled pepper.Fairly strong. Taste is smooth,slickish easy drinking at first then you get hit with some pepper vegetale fruit-/floral like almost and heat,some mild mouth burn and sticks in the throat with a nice mellow burn. Lingering mouth/tounge heat-cinnomon numbingness.HOt but I was almost expecting hotter but its the perfect hot to me. NOt the dance /almost pee your pants kind of heat. Pretty hot for weinies.You may like it if you like some heat. I enjoyed it but wouldnt do more than one session of it really like any other pepper beer.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Steve_0 (3291) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 30, 2013
Bottle at home with my dad. Pour is clear yellow with a small white head that quickly dissipated. Huge chili/spicy aroma, sweet corn, and biscuit. Taste is literally like taking down chili juice, leaving a burning feeling in my throat and tongue. Thin body with high carbonation. Terrible beer and 1 oz was more than enough for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
mansquito (4053) - Nueva York, New York, USA - MAR 18, 2013
Total Wine, Fairfax: I donít really care what this looks like. The aroma is every kind of hot pepper, fresh, steamed, and cooked. However, this beer is pretty much undrinkable. I love spicy food. I mean, I really like spicy food. I pours half a bottle of sri racha on anything. I can drip tabasco into my mouth. I ask for extra spicy at Indian restaurants. I canít drink this. It is only pepper and nothing else. Really, there is so much pepper. Ugh. Interesting, but ainít worth finishing. Gonna need to pour this jawn down the drain.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 18/20
ThisWangsChung (826) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2013
Reviewed 3/8/13. 12 oz bottle into a nonic pint glass. I was really looking forward to this one - if only for the novelty factor alone. A: Pours a cloudy golden color. The head is a one finger white shade that retains very poorly. S: File this one into the "no shit" category: itís full of ridiculously hot peppers. Plain and simple, it smells like acid reflux. Yay? T: This actually has more to it than just bowel-fuckingly hot peppers. For a brief minute, it has slight touches of initial tropical fruit (like mango and papaya). Then, the midtaste becomes quite smoky, and then pure fiery heat descends. I also detect notes of pine and phenolic plastic. Iím surprised how complex this is; no it doesnít layer itself in a finessed manner - but there is a rock-solid depth to it. In terms of heat, itís not really that far off from a spicy michelada, nor is it the hottest thing Iíve put in my mouth. If anything, it hits the hallmark objective of what a spicy tongue-fucker should achieve: can you taste more to it than just stupid chile heat? If anything, the huge phenolic notes are the biggest detractor for me, not the spiciness. M: For sure, one burns the palate with searing heat. This destroys the palate far better than any IPA could hope to achieve. Itís clean and dry enough where the heat actually doesnít last ridiculously long on the palate, though. Still, I can really feel it in my esophagus, retro-nasals, and stomach - and I can really feel acid reflux setting in, too. O: Itís actually not the hottest thing Iíve ever had before - but itís one of the hottest things Iíve ever drank (only a couple of bloody marys or micheladas that I overspiced really challenge it). It gets an 18 just for the experience; itís certainly not pleasant, but itís somehow fun to drink. I reckon this would make an awesome adjunct to chili, as well.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Bjshades (156) - Iowa, USA - MAR 5, 2013
Pours a dark gold color with hot pepper, took one drink and felt the burn immediately, too hot for me. I will say they did what they set out to accomplish cause it burned

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 12/20
pepsican (1520) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - MAR 5, 2013
Hazy orange with no head. Aroma and flavor of spicy chili peppers. Lots of heat. Fun to try I guess, might be good in a cocktail.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BrewMoose (83) - Florida, USA - MAR 5, 2013
12oz bottle. Pours hazy dark yellow/orange with very little head. Lots of sediment left in the bottle. Aroma is of spicy chili peppers as expected. Flavor is of Serrano and jalapeño peppers with the heat of ghost peppers. A nice novelty beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone