overall

RATINGS: 272   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.44   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Six kinds of hot chili peppers go into this fiery-ass beer including the infamous ghost pepper. Serrano, jalapeno, habanero, fresno & anaheim also lend their rich flavors to make for a taste-sizzling good time. Keep away from children and the tepid of tongue.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
seymour (1650) - Maplewood, Missouri, USA - JUN 29, 2012
Thanks gregwilsonstl. Tasted from 12oz bottle into snifter. It poured a golden color with weak off-white head. The diverse "pepper-bill"--albeit multi-layered and intriguing--overpowered all other aromas and flavors. This is a bold concept, but barely beer. Smelled like smoke, fleshy/meaty capsisum essence, sweet spice of habaneros, pure heat of ghost chilis, etc. To be honest, I love hot food, but I could only tolerate a few sips. It was an enjoyable and memorable experience, but I canít imagine anyone buys this novelty twice. Iíll continue to get my spice by eating "Thai-spicy" green curry with a tamer beer chaser.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Oakes (13426) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 26, 2012
Haze blonde. Smells like bhut jolokia. Massive ghost pepper heat up front, earthy and lingering. Smoky. This represents the ghost chile well, and thereís pretty good chile complexity. For those of us who can handle a little heat, this is not a face-melter at all, but a complex, flavourful beer. One of the better chile beers Iíve had, all things considered.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
hayduke (3687) - Eureka, California, USA - JUN 21, 2012
This bottle was courtesy of Strykzone. I kept in around a while knowing I was going to want to share it. So last night I took it down to THE LOCAL Beer Bar in Eureka, CA where I was meeting a bunch of friends. Al least I hope they are still m friends after I inflicted this on them. It pours a pale gold color with a bubbly white head and light lacing. The nose is so powerful your eyes water. In fact the aromas coming out of the glass makes my cheeks burn. This one looks scary. . The first real sniff gives a huge blast of hot pepper. Can you drink this? Well yes. The body is medium and the mouthfeel about like holding a lighted match to your tongue. The flavor is mostly chili, but after the shock wears off it become barely drinkable. The the fact that my lips are numb and I am sweating like I am in a sauna need to be ignored. But while way over the the top and you can only drink a couple ounces without the risk of a trip the hospital for burns, this was actually quite interesting. I left the bottle behind with Darren the Proprietor of the beer bar. I figured he could either shock some of his patrons or use it to kill weeds in the sidewalk. It would be as effective as a flame thrower.

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Bov (10374) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - JUN 20, 2012
courtesy of Josh and Sunshine - hazy blond orange beer with a poor head retention; aroma of potatoes and chili; explosion of chili; sharp like hell which makes any other possible characteristic impossible to spot - thank you Josh and Sunshine: my taste buds are out for the next 30 minutes ...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Scopey (8813) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 20, 2012
Bottle. It pours golden yellow, with a thin white head. The nose is green and red chilli pepper, green vegetables, bell pepper and some smoke. The taste is sweet malt, massive spiciness that creeps up on you, lots of red and green chilli pepper, with a very spicy, warming finish. Light-medium body and fine carbonation. The more you drink, the hotter it seems to get. Actually this is not as bad as it sounds, it actually has a depth of flavour. Good for what it is.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jackl (5605) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JUN 15, 2012
Bottle - cheers to Paul! The pour is an unassuming hazy gold with a modest white head. It offers no warning of the punishment thatís about to come. The nose is a blast of heavy dry chili flakes. Itís a very strong aroma that immediately cleared my sinuses (take that, head cold!). The taste is extremely spicy chili pepper. I really didnít expect that it would be this strong. I resorted to downing my sample as I just wanted to end the experience as quickly as possible. The bodyís actually quite light, though you wonít exactly be rolling this beer on your tongue to pick up nuanced flavors. So, how to rate this? Overall, as a spicy beer, this is an absolute achievement. Do I want another pour? Please no.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Leighton (13827) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 14, 2012
Bottle shared at CPK during Paulís birthday celebration. Paul, I hate you for bringing this. Pours hazy yellow with a fine, white foam head. Smells like hell, all underripe jalepenos. I tasted beer for about 1/100 of a second, then it was all burn. Mouth, tongue, throat stomach - it all hurt. I really couldnít make out any characteristics aside from the scorching heat that laid waste to my cheeks and stomach lining. As far as body goes, I think it was about light to medium with average carbonation, but I blacked out a bit from the pain and kind of glossed portions of this beer. The finish? Perpetual burn. Before the unpleasant heat subsided I consumed a piece of delicious carrot cake, an apple and two beers - both imperial stouts. I was still feeling the heat on the third beer, but by the fourth I was essentially back to normal.

I canít really recommend this beer, unless you love face-melting hot stuff. A first order novelty beer, but drinking a full 12oz of this would probably put me in the hospital.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Radek Kliber (6616) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JUN 13, 2012
Bottle unknown size
Aroma spice, chili, vegetable green, sweet pepper malty bottom.
Appearance hazed golden brew with short lived top. 2+
Flavor and Palate : OhhÖsuper heat with dry smoke behind. Very intense, very hot. Very nicely done extreme brew. Session killer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
robertjm (792) - Albany, California, USA - JUN 8, 2012
(trade w/adnielsen) 12oz. bottle from their first batch (orange cap) - Into the glass goes a white head with huge bubbles, but it falls quicker than a Diet Coke. Tons of carbonation visible, making it look like a Witchís caldron. Cloudy yellow/orange body. Aroma strangely reminiscent of roasted peanuts, with a bit of pepper hint. Flavor? MY THROAT IS ON FIRE!!!! Wasnít expecting the heat here despite it having ghost pepper in it. I almost gagged from the heat. It was so unexpected. Do NOT surprise a friend with this if you want to keep them as your friend. I am serious!! If this were a "normal" beer Iíd be marking the Overall score lower than 10. But, Iím giving it a couple notches since itís so unique.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
jredmond (6151) - Manhattan, New York, USA - JUN 8, 2012
Bottle shared with Linh, Vi, Ken and Nica. Pours a golden body with thin white lacing. Aroma is pungent peppers that suggest this beast is going to kill. Wow, and it does. The flavor doesnt hide for long, until punching you straight in the face. I donít mind habanero, but Iíve always found that the shift from Habanero to Ghost Pepper is more discomfort and no longer enjoyable. This beer is no exception.