overall

RATINGS: 244   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Six kinds of hot chili peppers go into this fiery-ass beer including the infamous ghost pepper. Serrano, jalapeno, habanero, fresno & anaheim also lend their rich flavors to make for a taste-sizzling good time. Keep away from children and the tepid of tongue.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Danyel (460) - Colorado, USA - NOV 19, 2013
Bottle. Pours hazy yellow with a white head. Smells extremely peppery, hot, almost burns to smell it too deeply. Has an extreme spice, with a jalapeno flavor coming through...a long burning finish. Itís really undrinkable. Way too intense with not enough flavor to balance out the heat.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
harrymel (1448) - Spokane, Washington, USA - NOV 18, 2013
Claims to be the hottest this side of hell.... but I have the Pick of Destiny! Golden light pale with a little murk and a mirror surface, some bubbles come up in two ovals, which send their bubbles into the same confluent strip, giving this a hard dick and balls look. Smells like somebody took some beautifully ripened chiliís, I get some poblano mostly and cooked it over a gas grill, nice and aritificial. Some bits of chicken broth. Really expecting this to taste like piss. Letís see... Not quite like the piss Iíve had in the past. I initially get a sweetness of grain and maybe marshmallow cream. Then comes the onslaught of demons from the bowels of the deep. Earthy and robust with fiery wrath the peppers charge onto the playfield of my tight, wet, warm mouth. Mmmm, my mouth.... Then I pretty much just feel like some black, no wait, maybe green, toasted green peppercorns just rolled over my mouth with cold mashed potatoes. The appeal is undeniable. Itís hard to imagine a better flavor for the style. (2.5) Mouthfeel is like a porcupine dick: thin and prickly, and stabs fast like the first few minutes of a Peter North performance. Then my mouth is simply left drenched and dripping wet. My wife likes the way it feels in my mouth. Overall this is the best chili beer probably ever, second only to the mis-categorized Budweiser Chelada (original, not light).

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
stevoj (1703) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 10, 2013
This is not beer, it is hot sauce. Chilies instantly greet the nose with serious heat, taste is heat and peppers, no beer. It will make you sweat. This only for the brave.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
jake65 (2532) - Williston, North Dakota, USA - NOV 6, 2013
Bottle: Iíll admit it, I was a little gun-shy about trying this. The $4.99 price tag (12oz) didnít help. Even the pour sounds hot... A fizzy, bubbling, firey sound. Kind of a flat orange/copper color with this vicious bubbly head the swirls around and releases bubble after bubble. It smells hot. It smells like chilies. Chilies, peppers, and green beans. I donít want to drink it; Iím afraid. Finally I do andÖ holy smoke. Hot, ash, smoke, and chilies. My lips are singedÖ I donít want to move. After a minute or so itís not so bad. Hot as youíd expect and then hotter. See how I lied about that Ďnot so badí bullshit. It is hot, but the flavor is there. Good flavor for a chili beer. I think I like the compliments of the smoke the best. Goes really well with the heat. After a while, my nostrils begin to flare up. At least Iím not sweating yet. I sense my mouth producing well deserved extra saliva in an effort to stem the heat. Four sips in and Iím still going strong. Feeling the heat in the back of my throat now as well as a little sweat on my brow. Tongue is tingling. Itís not painful, but borderline close. One of the best pepper beers Iíve had to date. Hard to put a fair rating on it, but for the style/tag I think itís top of the class.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
ClassyBeagle (319) - USA - NOV 6, 2013
FROM NOTES: Aug 2, í12 A: Napalm. A: Tried to pour this beer into a shaker glass, but it instantly melted the glass. I forged a metal alloy adamantium chalice from the femur of Wolverine which was able to hold the beer, but was unable to see the contained beer. T: This beer follows the nose and burns with the Scoville heat units (SHU) of a thousand suns. P: Molten lava O: Rumor has it that there are Chiliheads out there who actually enjoy this sort of thing, although I cannot really imagine it. That is not a judgement of the beer, as I cannot overcome my distaste for the other-wordly hot beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
EithCubes (4628) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 2, 2013
Bottle, screw cap. Nose on cap removal is fresh, earthy green peppers, accompanied by that oily sort of warning signal that says to go slow, capsaicin ahead! Lightly hazy orange-golden body with a noisy and very brief off-white head, looked oily and soapy. Fizzy medium body is hot right from the start, a tiny sip led to my tongue being immediately coated with good, hearty heat, no big thing for anyone who can manage, say, the habanero level, but for those who donít continually have chili on the brain, would be an immediate turn-off. There is some medium-strong sweetness here that comes out just before the heat kick, but really, the particulars donít matter to anyone, do they? After taste and warmth are just lovely, if a little vegetal for my taste. This is superbly well-made for what it is, and is probably exactly what it wanted to be, but the larger question remains: can we still call it beer? If it were served in an opaque plastic cup, perhaps even one the size dentists used to use, would an uninformed subject notice anything beery about it? Or even be able to tell what it was?

I can heartily recommend this to anyone who knows what heís getting into (i.e., has had ghost pepper sauce or somewhat cooler varieties in great quantities), because this is a vibrantly flavorful and palate-stretching innovation, and thankfully clean (Iíve had dirty chili beers that had dingy, depressing, or even soapy character). It does operate a little differently than when solids are consumed: no part of my mouth or throat escaped the coating, thereís no hiding a side corner or switching sides or anything of the like. Best for challenges, dares, initiations, and cooking, of course!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
merc7186 (1739) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - OCT 21, 2013
A: Hazy Deep Orange Hue, Passes Some Light, Mild White Head that quickly disappates, No Lacing S: Jalapenos, Habanero, Tabasco, Black Pepper T: Habanero, Green Chili Peppers, Black Pepper M: Mediocre Carbonation, Medium Bodied, Hot Overall, it is definitely a chili beer with a lot of heat. I highly recommend sharing a bottle with several people, you dont want the killer heartburn that I got with this beer...and I made it through almost 9oz before I had to submit. This beer would be great to use for a spicy beer cheese soup.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 6/20
Stldsf1 (616) - Florida, USA - OCT 19, 2013
Not sure how to rate this. It is very hot. So there's that. But it makes it tough to get the taste. Probably won't get again. But worth it if you like hot. Skunky otherwise ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nsanders (426) - St Paul, Minnesota, USA - OCT 18, 2013
Bottle. Deep yellow with a white ring atop. Green pepper, hot peppers, and light smokiness. Taste is spicy and spicy. Body is medium heavy with a peppery burn. A properly spicy beer, definitely borderline as to whether it can be drank without food or some other accompaniment.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
vipinvelp (1886) - Velp, NETHERLANDS - OCT 16, 2013
Opaque dark yellow with no foam. Aroma is pepper, taste is like drinking Tabasco. Long lasting burning pepper, Tabasco taste. (Houston 201310) ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone