overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 93   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Ale brewed with Saccharomyces cerevisae and Brettanomyces. Transferred to oak foudre after initial fermentation. Foundre has previously gone through a spontaneous fermentation. The next addition to the Project Opus series.

Debut at FoBAB 2010, Initial bottle release Spring 2011

Dough77's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dough77 (821) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - JUN 17, 2011
This beer far and away blew my expectations out of the water. My last 2 Bros. sour experiment, the name of which I currently forget, reminded me of day old throw up. This on the other hand was pretty close to terrific. Tart cherry, champagne yeast no?, lots of sour brett funk going on. Flavor was solid, would definitely buy another bottle if the opportunity arrived.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JohnGalt1 (460) - , Idaho, USA - JUN 28, 2014
Received 3x years ago (almost to the day) from Benpopper in a fantastic trade... Thanks Ben. Shared tonight with COOPMatt and Buckeyeboy. Pours a slightly hazed orange with a short-lived white head... still provides decent lacing. Nose is big juicy and sour... a tiny bit acetic, but not bad given the age and the time spent in foudre... a bit of red wine and the brett really opened up on a later pour. Flavor is sour, but not face-melting... surprisingly balanced... something that I associate with tannic pie cherries.. a touch acetic on the back-end and perhaps something that I associate with acetone, but I think Matt poisoned my well with that. Nice body and carbonation... has held up surprisingly well... Thanks again Ben, we should hook up again some time.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BuckeyeBoy (2650) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUN 28, 2014
750ml bottle thanks to Toby. Pours out a golden copper topped with a small head. Nose is fruit green apple sour chemical and some vinegar. Taste is vinegar fruit some vanilla and barrel notes.

SudsMcDuff (5796) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - SEP 22, 2013
this was great, a real surprise! .. . poured out a deep plum .. . mild head, medium lacing .. . mild acidity .. . tart and easy, a joy to gargle and plunge .. . . and please keep my belly full of yum yums and luscious goodies!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Experiment_Ale (918) - Dallas, Texas, USA - SEP 21, 2013
Freetail mega release. Pours clear dark orange. Aroma is Tart interesting. Taste is more same.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Imperial_Scout (363) - Illinois, USA - JAN 15, 2013
Pours a hazy orange with minimal head. Sweet in the nose. Tastes sweet, fruity and vanilla, with a rather dry finish. Smell after warming is a bit unpleasant. I donít think I would sit on this one

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JStax (2860) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - JAN 13, 2013
Semi hazy copper with no head. Sour aroma. Fruity and acidic. Drying and sticky mouthfeel. Very sour. I like it a lot.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ibrew2or3 (6784) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - DEC 22, 2012
Another brew thanks to Terminus at the Annual Black Friday tasting. It pours clear copper with an off white head. The aroma offers up tart apples, vinegar and acidic notes. The taste is similar with solid vinegar flowing into tartness and acidity. It has some tart green apple notes in the background. Big tart and acidic notes here.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Treebs (872) - , Illinois, USA - OCT 4, 2012
Iím very late to the sour game so this is my first one ever. 350ml caged and corked bottle, poured into my Founders tulip snifter. A: Pours a nice deep amber with a thin white head that comes and goes very quickly, almost like a soda. S: Very pungent right from the word go, rice wine vinegar, unripened grapes, light citrus (lemons and limes). Creates a slight twinge to the nose. T: Light malty vinegar with very young, immature grapes. Bitter green apples that continue on to a flat bitter jump with a little wood finish on the back end. M: Very light and airy body. Incredible carbonation. Leaves a slight sour taste that doesnít have much staying power at the end. O: I think my first sour went with some success. It is definitely a style that has to grow on me. Since Iím used to the full bodied stouts I think that my review my be slightly skewed, but I definitely can see myself purchasing and enjoying more American wild ales in the future. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 05-24-2011

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
durhambeer (2500) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - SEP 29, 2012
Bottle shared by JCB. Decent dark orange pour. Nose shows sour cherries, but more of a pear/sour apple vibe. Really apply in fact. Prickly carbonation. Solid.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jmagnus87 (2401) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - AUG 29, 2012
Bottle poured into a snifter. Pours a clear gold with about a half finger of white head. Aroma is quite sour with apple cider and a hint of oaky vanilla. Taste is about the same with more citrus and a decent bit of funk. Overall, Iím digging this beer. I would gladly drink this again anytime.