overall
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 685   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
This French-style country ale is deep amber in color. With a toasty, sweet caramel start, it finishes with just enough hops to clean off the palate. Bon Appetit!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 2, 2004
Cloudy amber, diminishing beige head. Aroma of yeast and lactic acid sourness. Flavor of caramel, some fruit, grass, and a good share of sourness. A light roastiness somehow comes through, slight shades of hojicha. Medium-bodied. I like it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cornfield (5473) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - AUG 30, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 20, 2005 Kind of bland. Didn’t catch any of the flavors described in the commercial description. Glad I only bought a sixer... and was able to trade two of ’em.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/>WholeF Market, Willowbrook, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - AUG 29, 2004
Very dark and rich beer. Very toffee and caramely. I will have to try another pint next time I see it. Great brew despite the odd and incredibly long name. Sounds like a Pizza Parlor and a Wine thing before it sounds like a beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 27, 2004
Nice hue when poured, the taste is okay but I’m glad I gave away two of the bottles from the sixer because I can see that I will have a few of these in the fridge for awhile.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 25, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 5, 2006 Perhaps I got ahold of an older bottle than before, as this beer was very sour, even for a french ale (but not spoiled). After the initial acidic jolt, the darker malts created an almost chocolate/raspberry experience.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
shoeshineboy (81) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - AUG 18, 2004
Stank Like a fresh loaf of Schwebels (bread to the out of towner) Deep Amber Hue with Strong Foamy Head and Decent Carbonation. Jason and Jim did alright on this one. Not too many beers of this style I could say i enjoy, But this was quite savory. Malty and Yeasty and just enought hops to keep it exciting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
SiddFinch (155) - Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 30, 2004
Flavor is fruity sweet, somewhat Champagne like but in a rather weak way. I guess this could be a decent session ale but the style just didn’t appeal to me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
barenada (211) - Georgetown, Indiana, USA - JUL 26, 2004
I have to say that despite the long-winded name this is one of he best beers I’ve had in a long time. Smooth, not too strong, not too weak. What an excellent session beer! I wish I could describe it more clearly. "Drinkable" is the word that comes to mind most often.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 10, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2008 This beer is a dark amber color with a medium light brown head. The aroma is lightly toasted malt and caramel. Light to medium bodied. The flavor is a little tart but overall a mild blend of malt, fruit, hops and caramel. The finish is a bit uneven, not my favorite beer by a longshot.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
fuyajo (229) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 29, 2004
Pours with little head to a burnt-orange color. The smell was malty and pleasent. The palate is slightly creamy with a slight hop flavor. Clean finish. Pretty good, but not too increadible.