overall
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 689   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
This French-style country ale is deep amber in color. With a toasty, sweet caramel start, it finishes with just enough hops to clean off the palate. Bon Appetit!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
sickboy79 (66) - USA - JUL 24, 2010
Tap and bottle. This is one of my favorite Two Brothers beers. Wonderful rich carmel malt flavors with a hint of sweetness. Finishes with a nice hoppy bite. I LIKE it!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
raindog (560) - Evansville, Indiana, USA - FEB 20, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 5, 2009 Rust colored beer,with a dense,medium sized,head. Constant,bubbles rising to the top. Aroma is lightly sweet,lightly herbal. Mouthfeel is soft,not as much carbonation as it looked like. Sweet,toasted,malts lead to a herbal,hop finish.The toastiness seems to linger in the finish as well.Extremely tasty beer..6$ a sixpack 8/22/09: Fresh batch...Very enticing aroma. Big sweetness and big fruit from the malt,little spice from yeast with a great hoppy finish. Easy to drink but also very enjoyable and well done. Doesn’t match some of the better european samples,but does hold it’s own,IMO>

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
gbobst (6) - Ohio, USA - APR 7, 2010 does not count
Great caramel notes on this unique tasting beer, one of my favorite that’s always in my beer fridge for enjoyment. Great medium bodied beer, that is crisp and has a nice lingering brown sugar aftertaste. I give it an A+ from two bros.........

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BOSSbrewer (1643) - Arkansas, USA - SEP 5, 2013
Great beer. Very nice. Entered this beer on a different app and I'm not able to import my comments unfortunately.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
drdisque (526) - Illinois, USA - APR 13, 2010
Full fruity but not overwhelming aroma. Beautiful shade of reddish-amber and mostly clear. Taste was balanced with full caramel and fruit notes without much bitterness. Clean finish. Exceptional.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
quinndave88 (19) - Indiana, USA - AUG 26, 2013
I really liked this beer. Very tosaty with a deep, rich color. A bit heavy. Perfect for an after dinner brew...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Brentv (354) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 31, 2013
This is a wonderful beer that I could drink all day long. It has lots of malt character, and is sweet nicely balanced with just the right amount of hops. Color is a rich worn copper. Draft on tap at the Two Brothers Roundhouse. Worth going back for, and I’ll pick up some bottles next time I get the chance. Was also my favorite out of the four samples I tried.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mikedR (1222) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - MAR 7, 2014
I like this one a lot. Not so sure about Biere de Garde -- not much Euro yeast. That said, love the maltiness. Love the sweetness. Very very nice. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - OCT 21, 2003
Beautiful light golden coppery orange color, slightly opaque with little yeasties floating around, thin off-whitish cream colored head that fades to a thin ring and minimal spotty lace. Smells like an open field of grains with some nice little malty sweetness, dry, subtle, thin caramel notes behind. Taste is mild, pleasing, and subtle, lightly toasty with lightly dry biscuity tone and buttery sweetness, nice little grab of breadish yeast thats quite favorable on the palette. A mild drying woody hop finishes off this subtle masterpiece with enticing notes of grains and rice. Feel is medium bodied with a favorable little creamy start, adds soft thin grainyness and the finish is lightly crisp with a nice fluffy drying that fades well. A pleasant subtle beer with lots of thin layers and complexity. A good drinker and quite enjoyable, a great session beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gmku (294) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JUN 9, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 28, 2005 It reminds me of a dubbel, in a way. In the way it is spicy but sweet and malty and not overly hopped and in the way it is slightly sour like some dubbels smell in the end of the glass. I have just come in from pitching the hey and it is a crisp autumn day and I must say to my French housewife Leave me alone to my beer and later we will make love but for now there is only a bierde de garde.