Two Brothers John Simcoe Cascadian IPA

Two Brothers John Simcoe Cascadian IPA
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
irvineb (9) - - MAR 7, 2014 does not count
I think this us just a great beer. It has a nice dark color, but isn't opaque. It has a limited but nice head. I like the mix of malt and hops. Not overly hoppy, yet still great for an IPA lover (like me) though still too much for my wife who likes wheat beers and stouts (go figure). I just thoroughly enjoyed this beer. Not really available outside the brewery, but found a keg on tap at a local pub. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tmoreau (2369) - Lombard, Illinois, USA - JAN 19, 2014
On tap during the Revelry Release Party at the Roundhouse on 11/10/13. Listed at the time as "John Graves Cascadian Dark Ale". Dispensed to plastic with a clear, mahogany color, a frothy, persistent, off white/light tan head, and curtainy spray as lacing that clung well, considering the plastic. The nose was lightly sweet, with some vinous hints, dried fruit as cherry & raisin, and roastiness that became more apparent in the taste. With moderate, earthy, dry, and lingering hop bitterness, the body was medium+, with some creaminess to the mouthfeel, and a basically earthy flavor across the board. Complex enough to make it an interesting, and different style interpretation. I believe that this was a homebrew competition winner that was previously promoted months before at Hoptacular, with the remainder on tap at 2 Bros up to the Revelry party. I inquired further, but couldn’t get a commercial description from the brewery, and it unfortunately dropped off the grid, until I finally noticed this listing along with the correct abv, but no review.