overall

RATINGS: 3524   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
minch25 (577) - Medford, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 22, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 21, 2007 Orange body with medium eggshell-white head collapsing to a thin layer. Really nice hop oil citric aroma, almost floral. Lemony citric hop flavor. Effective cascade and pale malt combination I think. Moderate bitterness, very slightly overcarbonated in my opinion. Definitely something a little fishy in the taste... Overall, a quite solid IPA, but maybe a little tame by todayís standards to be truly great...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beermouth (435) - Langeskov, DENMARK - FEB 22, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2007 Clear fine amber slight yellow notes and a fine slightly tanned head. Nice and smooth hoppy taste. Malt, hay and slight hintís of cinnamon. Really creamy, hoppy ale with huge taste and body.

jacare (21) - Hinsdale, Illinois, USA - FEB 19, 2007
Hinsdale, IL. Bottle poured into my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Glass. Today I made the hour round trip to Munster Indiana to pick up a case of these. Also grabbed some Alpha King while I was there. The Two Hearted Ale case is a plain brown box stamped with black letters. When I got home and poured a Two Hearted Ale, I remembered why I bothered. This beer is a treat for the eyes, nose, and palate. Pours a hazy light orange, lots of sticky lacing and a low head that quickly dissapates. The aroma, I love the nose on this beer. Floral, hops, citrus. Hits you as soon as you open the bottle. And the flavor, bitter hops, smooth, dry finish. Just enough malt. I have to say with a refrigerator stocked with Alpha King and Two Hearted Ale, itís a real difficult choice. I think Iíll find myself going for the Two Hearted. I

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Burrobuns (83) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - FEB 18, 2007
I was severely disappointed. This beer was recommended by a coworker and rated so highly here that I was expecting more. The grapefruit flavor was a definite plus for me in adding to overall complexity. However, I found there to be too much of a reliance on the upper palate and too little of a well rounded flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
llafoe (40) - Greenwood, Indiana, USA - FEB 17, 2007
12 oz bottle. Batch #7795. Pours a light gold with a half-finger off-white head. Aroma is of grapefruit, hops and pine. Taste is sweet with a carbonated bitter pine grapefruit finish. Light and smooth. Very nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DeuceDeuceOU (51) - Athens/Cleveland, Ohio, USA - FEB 14, 2007
I have decided upon the same sentiments as Bullet2urbrain, seeing as that is what we discussed while we drank this one, as we are roommates. In a not strange life-parter way.. Just two guys who live together and enjoy craft brews. Completely platonic, I swear. But honeslty, another great Bellís brew, a great example of the style Best part about this beer, its not a porter!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jmikolich (1477) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - FEB 13, 2007
12oz bottle, Pours a nice copper color, the obvious scents of citrus and grapefruit are apparent.. taste is what sells me on this beer. tastes just like every good IPA should. Done right by Bells, a fantastic reprieve from a winter full of stouts.

shigadeyo (3571) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 13, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 5, 2008 I get more grief over this beer from my friends than any other beer Iíve rated. Why? Quite simply, because I havenít posted a rating for this beer despite having it many times over the years. However, I have recently had it again from both 12 oz bottles and draught (at Winking Lizard Tavern - Crosswoods in Columbus, Ohio on 2/07/2007), so itís finally time to record some numbers and thoughts about this beer. Maybe then my friends will let up on me or more likely, find another beer to hastle me about...

The bottled and draught versions of Bellís Two Hearted Ale are surprisingly identical in all ways. This beer pours a copper color with hues of brown, red, orange, and golden yellow. It has a creamy, near white head that has good retention and leaves a little bit of lacing on the glass. The hoppy aroma is a nice bouquet of citrus, grapefruit, pine, floral notes, and some malt. The initial moderate malt sweetness is followed by a hefty dose of bitterness and the same hop flavors that were in the aroma, only stoner. The bitterness lasts through the crisp finish and then some. The body is medium to full and is smooth and slick on the palate. Overall this is a well balanced, but intense IPA. It has a tendency to wreck the palate after drinking a few of these! Bellís Two Hearted Ale is a is probably best fresh in order to experience its wonderful hoppy aroma and flavor at their peak! Bellís does not disappoint and the Two Hearted Ale is one of their best mainstream brews...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
tunneler (131) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 12, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2007 beautiful copper color with off-white head, lacing evident. citrus (grapefruit) and some pine aroma though somewhat less of a bouquet than youíd expect given the big taste (thatís just speaking relatively - this stuff smell fantastic, but tastes even better). very well balanced, great lingering aftertaste without being overly bitter. Not perfect, but itís hard to imagine a better IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ford9719 (371) - Vilseck, GERMANY - FEB 11, 2007
Bottle. Thanks to BillVanE. Poured a golden color with a with frothy head. Aroma of citrus and hops. Taste of citrus and some spice and hops is great.