overall

RATINGS: 3598   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mkgrenwel (605) - North Shore, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 23, 2007
Ah yes, thatís centennial. Floral, citrusy and a bit spicy. Just a bit of malt to hold up the hops. Good bitterness in the back, definitely outshining the sweetness. Light body and a slightly thin palate. Thereís one place for improvement. Otherwise, this isnít all that much of a "crafted" beer. Itís just centennial in your face. I like the aroma better than the flavor, but itís still a damn tasty beer. Very good IPA, but still not my favorite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerczar69 (39) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 23, 2007
Great tasting beer,One Of Bells best.Creamy head and a nice amber looking beer.Piney fruit taste with a nice bite .A great IPA .

cab (866) - DENMARK - FEB 23, 2007
Bottle and what a bottle, caramel, hay, floral, citrus, golden, hazy, frothy, medium sweetness, very bitter, medium body, average carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
oakbluff (434) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - FEB 23, 2007
A classic American IPA. It pours the color would expect, has a perfect head, and then the nose- wow! Great hop aromatics. The taste is just perfect- fruity, perfume hops, without any astringent bitterness. Just amazing. Malts are then as a great backbone, but this beer is about the hops as it should be. The approachableness of the hops is what really sets this apart from the crowd. Any average non hop head can have a sip of this and say- this is a really tasty beer. That is an accomplishment that canít be understated- for the masses and for the hop head. Between Two Hearted and Stone IPA for the best all round IPA in the US, in my limited experience.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
minch25 (577) - Medford, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 22, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 21, 2007 Orange body with medium eggshell-white head collapsing to a thin layer. Really nice hop oil citric aroma, almost floral. Lemony citric hop flavor. Effective cascade and pale malt combination I think. Moderate bitterness, very slightly overcarbonated in my opinion. Definitely something a little fishy in the taste... Overall, a quite solid IPA, but maybe a little tame by todayís standards to be truly great...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beermouth (435) - Langeskov, DENMARK - FEB 22, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2007 Clear fine amber slight yellow notes and a fine slightly tanned head. Nice and smooth hoppy taste. Malt, hay and slight hintís of cinnamon. Really creamy, hoppy ale with huge taste and body.

jacare (21) - Hinsdale, Illinois, USA - FEB 19, 2007
Hinsdale, IL. Bottle poured into my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Glass. Today I made the hour round trip to Munster Indiana to pick up a case of these. Also grabbed some Alpha King while I was there. The Two Hearted Ale case is a plain brown box stamped with black letters. When I got home and poured a Two Hearted Ale, I remembered why I bothered. This beer is a treat for the eyes, nose, and palate. Pours a hazy light orange, lots of sticky lacing and a low head that quickly dissapates. The aroma, I love the nose on this beer. Floral, hops, citrus. Hits you as soon as you open the bottle. And the flavor, bitter hops, smooth, dry finish. Just enough malt. I have to say with a refrigerator stocked with Alpha King and Two Hearted Ale, itís a real difficult choice. I think Iíll find myself going for the Two Hearted. I

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Burrobuns (83) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - FEB 18, 2007
I was severely disappointed. This beer was recommended by a coworker and rated so highly here that I was expecting more. The grapefruit flavor was a definite plus for me in adding to overall complexity. However, I found there to be too much of a reliance on the upper palate and too little of a well rounded flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
llafoe (40) - Greenwood, Indiana, USA - FEB 17, 2007
12 oz bottle. Batch #7795. Pours a light gold with a half-finger off-white head. Aroma is of grapefruit, hops and pine. Taste is sweet with a carbonated bitter pine grapefruit finish. Light and smooth. Very nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DeuceDeuceOU (51) - Athens/Cleveland, Ohio, USA - FEB 14, 2007
I have decided upon the same sentiments as Bullet2urbrain, seeing as that is what we discussed while we drank this one, as we are roommates. In a not strange life-parter way.. Just two guys who live together and enjoy craft brews. Completely platonic, I swear. But honeslty, another great Bellís brew, a great example of the style Best part about this beer, its not a porter!