overall

RATINGS: 3069   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - OCT 3, 2002
Hops, hops, hops and taste. This is Real Ale. I have bumped up my rating. The flavor of this beer can sprain a taste bud. That is the sign of a good brew. Re-rate: 4/2/02 Had this on tap finally. Pours much clearer off the tap than the bottle. Floral smell and a wonderful hop taste that stays with you long after you swallow. One of my favorite beers without question.Re-rate again 4/22/02: I have to bump this all the way up. Its tough for me to do this as a íperfectí mark is tough to give out, but for me, it is perfect. This is my favorite beer! It just gets better and better. The addictive bitterness of the hops, the wonderful mouthfeel after the finish...Excellent.
Re-Rate 10/3/02Still my favorite beer. This yearís version is as fresh as ever with an incredible grapefruit smell and initial taste. These hops are addicting...

pauliefrog99 (302) - FLINT, Michigan, USA - OCT 4, 2002
Strong hop smell and taste. This is Excellent! The hop flavor lasts and lasts.

hooligan2399 (3) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 27, 2001 does not count
this beer absolutly rocks. Smells like a handfull of freshly picked hops. well balanced and crisp, with a deliscious dry finish

Ale Boy99 (19) - Twin Lake, Michigan, USA - OCT 1, 2002
My favorite IPA! But there are many more to try!!

MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - AUG 10, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2003 Pours cloudy copper color, citrus hoppy aroma, nice hop profile, crazy ass foamy clingy head. Juicy grapefruit-citrus flavors, medium bodied IPA with a nice rounded full mouthfeel, this may be the most drinkable IPA I have ever tasted, I just can"t stop at one.

smoosh (535) - New Albany, Indiana, USA - OCT 18, 2003
Cask at Harvest Hop Fest at Rich O's in New Albany, IN. Nirvana! For my taste it gets no better than this one. I was actually a little disappointed with last year's. It was good, but didn't kill me. Well, IT'S BAAAAACK! Beautiful, bright yellow with a thick, thick stiff white head. Hop aroma exploding at you. Creamy mouthfeel. Flavor of grapefruit, some grassy and even some orange and spice in the hops. Just beautiful. How could it be better? Give me more!

DocLock (7481) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 10, 2004
Pours deep straw colored. 5 for appearance, definitely. Excellent head and lacing. Super hoppy, citrusy, floral, fruity aroma. 10 for aroma. Tastes very hoppy, with nice malt base. Finishes very smooth, with hints of hops, malt, citrus, and perfumy florals, with some Belgian white alishness and sweet candi sugar and fine chardonnay qualities. Super complex. Great beer. Bells is in my top 10 brewers of all time. My second 5.0 rating. Perhaps I put too much emphasis on complexity, but I cannot deduct any points on this one. Awesome!!

poivre (14) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JAN 10, 2005
Nothing new can be said about Two Hearted. Itís great! You are missing out on a vital sensual experience if you have not drunk this beer.

darkstar (69) - Eureka, Missouri, USA - JAN 13, 2005
Magnificent head. Orange color slightly cloudy. The aroma is incredible. Not sure if I smell flowers or grapefruit or both. Just the right amount of malt and hops for me. Donít think Iíve ever had anything this perfect. Everything an IPA should be. This may be my new favorite.

csjones1 (7) - Alabama, USA - MAY 15, 2005 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2009 The best of the best; the creme de la creme; I get the pleasure of having cask conditioned 2H at a local pub; 2H in a bottle or on tap is amazing, but cask conditioned will blow your mind. With the CC you get much more of the true goodness - the flowery, citrusy taste will nicely coat your palate, without the typical hops explosion. I loved the beer before; now I am obsessed.