overall

RATINGS: 102   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51   SEASONAL: Series   ABV: -
A Belgian-Style IPA. The Bitter Woman journeyed to Belgium and returned with a certain je ne sais quoi. A spicy belgian yeast and specialty caramel malts add a whole new dimension of sophistication and style to our favorite Old Lass. Enjoy the Bitter Woman Belgian Style!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
msante79 (2216) - Mount Prospect, Illinois, USA - JUN 29, 2010
12oz bottle from Dobby’s. Pours clear copper with white head. Aromas of belgain yeast, citrus, and herbal hops. Flavors of belgain yeast, hops, sweet malt, and some citrus. Mouthfeel is a little thick. Does not strike me as a belgain style IPA. IT is not overly hoppy either. Decent beer none-the-less.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
hombrepalo (1956) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 28, 2010
12 oz bottle. Nice summer beer. Poured a golden color with amber hues. Light fluffy head. Aroma of lots of carmel malts, crisp hops and clean wet moutfeel. Taste is similar. Overall an easy drinking medium body begain ale that is great on a hot summer day.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Snojerk321 (2960) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 27, 2010
12oz bottle. Mostly clear rusty gold with a good sized off white head. Nice spice box nose with a hint of hops and Belgian yeast. Tasty and interesting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
drewbeerme (3901) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 27, 2010
bottle. thanks holdenn. pours gold white head, nose is floral, herbs, yeasty bubblegum, fruit. Fl fruity spicy floral and herb hop notes with a sweet biscuity malt backbone with a strong off putting alcoholy finish. I can’t figure out why this is so boozy.

adrian910ss (2427) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 27, 2010
12 oz bottle courtesy of my Wisconsin Cheese Crazed Buddy. Pours a deep coppery color with a medium sized off white head. Aroma of belgian spice, cloves, bubble gum and sweet malts. Taste is much the same as the aroma but with a citrusy presence.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pantanap (3366) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 26, 2010
12oz bottle thanks to Matt... Pours a semi-clear apple cider brown with a thin soapy white head... Aroma of apple earth and citrus with a Belgian yeasty bent... Flavors are more herbal in nature with a citrus Belgian yeast bent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
HonkeyBra (3793) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - JUN 24, 2010
Burnt orange pout with kind of a small white head. Aroma is almost all belgian yeast and hops. Estery, a bit of dust, some white wine, strong hops, and maybe a twinge of sourness? Some caramel in there too. Flavor is fruity, with your typical belgian bubblegum and banana esters. Strong hop note at first that fades as it warms into yeasty chaos. Salty, sweet, bitter, sour, flavors are just swirling in your mouth. Nice mouthfeel. Pretty great beer from Tyranena.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
1FastSTi (3344) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 24, 2010
Pours to a glassy amber body with a thin white head. The body has a glow about it. The aroma has a strange, almost white grape thing going on. Perhaps golden raisins? I can’t quite put my finger on that aroma, but I know I’ve smelled it before. The flavor is vinous, crisp golden raisins, perhaps a Riesling wine. There’s a hop profile that I can’t explain either. I want to say yeasty, but it’s more bready than that. I don’t think IPA, and I don’t think Belgian Ale. Very unique. I want to say Dogfish Head Midas Touch, but I haven’t had one of those in so long I’m definitely not certain. Nice clean palate is refreshing. Odd, this beer is.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
holdenn (2094) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 24, 2010
12 oz bottle from Armenettis. Pours a clear copper with an off white head that laces down. Strong nose of Belgian yeast. Pepper spice, doughy malts, lemons, alcohol phenols. Sweet doughy yeast with a strong pepper spices and a strong herbal bitterness. Not a bad beer, I like my Belgian IPAs to have more of citrus flavor to balance and cut through those doughy spices and sweetness. Great Belgian IPAs are more than typical Belgian Ales with the bitterness amped. Not a bad beer though overall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brigadier (3260) - Clevelandish, Ohio, USA - JUN 23, 2010
12 oz bottle
The latest Brewer Gone Wild! release was not so exciting from the description on the label. Once I opened it however I was happy to discover a well rounded Belgian style IPA that lived up to all expectations. Not too Belgiany and not too full of West Coast hops it strikes a pleasing balance that should appeal to all but the most hardcore hopheads.

Aroma / Appearance - The deep reddish brown body is dark and murky with a moderate amount of light allowed to crawl through. The cream colored head looked delicate and collapsed accordingly. Ripe melons, grapefruit, caramel, molasses, and cotton candy create a fruity sweet environment for the senses to explore. It is hard from the aroma alone to know what to make of this release.

Flavor / Palate - Yeast, caramel, and butterscotch coat the tongue with sweet creamy textures. Transitioning to a warm hoppy finish I felt at times like I was drinking the cream from inside a filled donut. It this could age at all I would keep some around. I might still buy more whenever I visit Madison again if it is still on the shelves.