Uncle Billys ADHD IPA

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 4.15/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3   ABV: -

grat's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
grat (433) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 15, 2007
This is near a perfect ten in the IPA category for me. Presentation is wonderfully golden. THICK gooey head on top...kept on lingering I love that. Turbid for sure. They donít filter their beer...almost at al I think I had agrain particle in one once. Nose is resinous. You can catch ythe cascade right off the bat...I could be wrong I guess but it does have the grapefruit weíve all come to love. But itís different, a little fruitier. Simcoe too perhaps. Malt just eaks through to provide a slight biscuity presence. Flavors are just as alluring as the aromas. Good malt profile to compliment the hops. Not too much crystal malt...which kills an IPA in my opinion. A slight touch of something a little toasted. Good stuff. Hops definitely deliver. Green resiny goodness while maintaining a bitterness that is not too iver the top. Seriously the balance on this one is definitely towards the aromas but not so much that a good hefty bitterness isnít present. Powerful. Palate is thick. You can catch a bit of the yeast in a way that you might not if it were filtered. This is a powerful IPA that you must try.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
pintsize (1042) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 17, 2007
11-4-07 tap. Unfiltered amber color with a creamy long lasting head. Not too watery or too soapy - clean yet bitter and powerful. A great hop flavor and a very "pretty" floral hops aroma. A winner in my book!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
fly (1419) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - NOV 6, 2007
Hell muhfukkin YEH! Pleased to start w/ last of cask and then transition to whatís curently on tap. Always amazed that even when a cask has the bejeezus hopped out of it (not sure about this one as though I did speak w/ Brian, it was a drunken ramble about family, not beer). Tnis is GOOD. Amd I woulod just as well leave it at that and sugest you drag your butt there and try it. Guess I could add more words of praise and say that the "standard" draft is not to be missed, that the hops are just magnificent and if I donít make it back for more I might cry.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
lb4lb (2555) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 4, 2007
Dark, cloudy, thick, but bright rich orange to amber colored beer with a lasting nicely creamy off white head. A gorgeous beer. Very fruity, big nose of hops, juicy apricot, sweetness. Taste is nicely hopped, quite fruity, and creamy with a perfect light to medium level of carbonation and a nice mild bitterness to it. This is a great IPA up their with their Resonator.