overall

RATINGS: 45   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Axe Handle Pale Ale is a “West-coast” pale ale. Hopped during the boil and “dry hopped” after fermentation, the flavor and aroma come from the Cascade hops. This ale finishes with a firm bitterness and malt aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jeg (114) - Austin, Texas, USA - OCT 21, 2007
Another nice one from Uncle Billy’s. Orange color, citrusy hoppy flavor, nice level of bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mmmbeer (1213) - Austin, Texas, USA - OCT 13, 2007
From sampler- aroma of hops and possibly honey, pleasing. Light transparent orange color. Hit the mouth with medium body, hops from taste to finish, finish a bit short in length. A slightly above average pale ale...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
pintsize (1042) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 7, 2007
On tap. Nice hoppy apricot hints in the aroma. Average amber color. Nice bitterness. Taste hints of orange in this. There is also an earthiness about this beer I can’t quite put my finger on. I’d have again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lb4lb (2215) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUN 25, 2007
UPDATED: APR 2, 2008 Re-Rate - Crisp amber color, A noticeable lightly floral hoppy aroma with a hint of honey sweetness. Taste was a good bitter, hoppiness, with a medium length finish. On the hoppier end of pales I’d say, and was quite vibrant and flavorful. A quality pale ale for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
fly (1394) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - MAY 23, 2007
Only ordered a sampler of this as I know I’ll go back for more and hell, I hadda be able to drive. Delightful aroma (yes, even my damaged sinus passages allowed for this). Crisp, light(er) in color - oh yeh, it’s a pale ale. Very much looking forward to more of this - when I’m not drinking the IPA or hefe. Have I mentioned two dollar pints on Tuesday?