Unibroue 10

(RETIRED)
overall
Formerly brewed at Unibroue (Sapporo)
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Chambly, Canada

RATINGS: 346   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Brewed to celebrate Unibroue's 10th anniversary.

beerrocks99 (5) - USA - MAR 22, 2002 does not count
This beer rocks. Hard to find but worth it.

fdoyon99 (3) - Quebec, CANADA - APR 26, 2002 does not count
One of the best beers Iíve ever tasted. Donít drink it too cold... Now that Unibroue stopped the production of this special edition beer, Iíll be stocking up some more bottles in my basement ;)

bigjim99 (12) - brampton, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 7, 2002

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
rickd99 (2) - MONTREAL, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 30, 2002 does not count
this is a realy strong beer dont drink it alone and dont take two on a row belive me youl pay the price

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 7, 2003
This is an outstanding beer. I bought the last bottle of this superb beer at Cooper's restaurant in Scranton, P.A. and I figured I would have it while watching our city's own star win his first NCAA National Championship. Outstanding beer to pair with an outstanding game.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Sephiroth (66) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAR 9, 2008
I have poured this into a large tulip. It is a very light golden color. The resounding POP of the cork has relieved all of my fears regarding the cork. The nose is of yeasty spicey flavors. The flavor is outstanding! Upfront are the earthy spices. In the middle comes the yeast, wich adds a slight mustiness. At the finish, there is sweet, sweet honey. This is still a dry beer, though. The mouthfeel is world class as well. The seemingly huge carbonation is actually quite soft, and for such a heavy, complex flavor, the beer feels kind of light on the palate. If only I had another sample. Better yet, dozens of samples! Ahh...another pipe dream. I hope that the Edition 2004 turns out this well. The second and last pour, the chunkier pour, has a more fruity, slightly funky flavor. Bravo. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 08-29-2005 05:48:33

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dhurtubise (568) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 28, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 14, 2003 Another wonderful beer by Unibroue. It is reminiscent of La Fin Du Monde, but somewhat cleaner and slightly less complex in terms of spices. Telltale unibroue yeast. Deserving of the 10th year aniversary title.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
desurfer (1209) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - MAR 10, 2004
One of the most perfect beers I have ever tasted. The aging it has undergone leaves a beer that is silky smooth in spite of its massive alcohol content. Banana, bubblegum, clove, and spice perfectly balanced in the flavor, subtle fruity, yeasty aroma. I was sad when this bottle was empty.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Cobra (1100) - Banned City, - JUL 20, 2004
750 ml. big íole brown Belgian bottle. Corked and caged. No freshness date seen, but my guess is itís way over a year old, because I bought it that long ago. I recently found a small stock of this left over at a local watering hole, and No!, you canít have any. Anyway, it had a subdued pupptt when opened. Aromas right off the bat are redolent of summer apples on the trees. Apple-like aromas, citrus notes abound as well. Sweet yeasty bread, and dry English biscuit aromas as well. No discernable hop aromas, but a slight bite of them in the middle of the beer. Candi sugar, brown sugar, and some cotton candy notes in the aromas. A wonderfully aromatic beer, if I do say so. Very effervescent in nature, but not overly so. The carbonation has died down a bit from when it was bottled, but it is still lively and animated. Slow pour produced a creamy white head that slowly faded back to a thin matting of lace. Decent lacing along the edges, kind of sticky. Pineapple and papaya tastes in the middle. Very estery. Medium-thick mouthfeel, but not overly so. Coats the tongue with itís goodness, and coaxes you to drink more. Deceptively drinkable, no hint of itís massive amount of alcohol is present in the tastes. Sweet, but crisp aftertaste from this beer make you wish you had a keg of it for yourself. I could drink this beer all night long, but Iíd really hate to be me in the morning if I did so. IF...and I mean IF you can find a bottle of this rare nectar, I highly suggest you snatch it up with your greedy little hands, because if you donít, I most certainly will. This is by far, the best beer I have ever had from Unibroue. Hands down, the very best.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 29, 2002
VERY INPRESSIVE. TATSES,SMELS AND LOOKS LIKE CHIMAY WHITE BUT ITS FROM CANADA. NO WORRY THOUGH IT BEATS CHIMAY WHITE.