Brewed by Unibroue (Sapporo)
Style: Witbier
Chambly, Canada
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1592   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
White beer on lees.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Silphium (3190) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - AUG 9, 2003
Hah! I was surprised to pour this and smell wheat! A witbier, eh? I had no clue Unibroue brewed one of these tasty concoctions. But, I digress. Has that typical wheaty, spicy witbier aroma that diffuses from the cloudy yellow body. Tastes like Celis White, with less sour citrus and a slightly heavier reliance on spices. Thin-bodied per style, but the carbonation is lively, which hinders the smoothness a bit. I would end my review with a witty remark, but that would be over-the-hop.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - AUG 8, 2003
Not being a fan of whites this is good. It's good because it tastes like water. I can't beleive this is from Unibroue. This is a white I would expect from Coors. Actually, it's not that bad, and is very drinkable on this hot day. It's just kind of watery and boring

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
shintriad (700) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 4, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 30, 2004 RE-RATE: Last time I gave this a 1.6 based on the Noxema-like flavour and scent from the kegged version. In the bottle, it's LIGHT YEARS better. Light, pleasant smell and cirtusy taste, a mild Abbey-esque flavour without the Essence of Instant Hangover. Fizzy, pineapple-coloured and almost clear. Has a woody start and finishes sour. Some cobwebs and a tiny bit of spice in the nose. Subtle, good for when you're sick of typical Belgians.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Kåstå (1273) - Mol, BELGIUM - AUG 3, 2003
Very blond, cloudy, with a huge head. Citrus aroma. The taste is citrus with a hint of yeast. There is also a hint of white vine in the taste. The taste is rather short though. It has an almost neutral finish. It is refreshing witbier. I have had better but also worse.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - AUG 2, 2003
For such an outstanding brewery this beer seems far too typical: standard Belgian White. I wish I had all of the Unibroue Whites to taste against this, but if I had that much money I'd just fly to the damn brewery where it must taste much better anyway. Sparkling white, gigantic head, and chock full of Belgian yeast - all standard issue. Tasty, but I'll take the Trois Pistoles thank you.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2003
another cloudy witbier, makes you thing they are designed like that of something :) otherwise, an average witbier, too much yeast overpowers the lemon flavors

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - JUL 30, 2003
Cloudy pale yellow appearance. Rich lemon and yeast aroma. Taste is the same with just a hint of banana.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - JUL 13, 2003
Cloudy with dirty pale lemon appearance. Huge frothy white head. Aroma is mildly yeasty with light citrus and very light spice. Tastes like a sweet lemonade with touches of malt and apple. Light carbonation and very little aftertaste. Not quite what I expected. This is very easy to drink. It may be my first belgian white, so I must try more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Rastacouere (6162) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 12, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 2, 2003 Very pale golden beer, not as hazy as you'd expect from a white. The flute glass rapidly fills with a big white head that lets citrus smell get through. Very easy to drink, it's spiced, but could show more flavor

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MaBeer1972 (1560) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 12, 2003
Lovely stuff. One of Unibroue's more "drinkable" brews. Very flavorful but not overpowering.