overall
Brewed by Unibroue (Sapporo)
Style: Abbey Tripel
Chambly, Canada

RATINGS: 2801   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82   IBU: 19   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Bottle conditioned.
"The end of the world. The excellence of triple fermentation through a blend of special yeasts gives this malt beverage an exquisitely robust flavor of exceptional refinement."

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dorwart (2375) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - SEP 19, 2003
Great big snowy white head with huge carbonation (typical of Unibroue). Aroma dominated by spices and yeast with a touch of lemon. Color is a medium gold with a slight cloudiness. Flavor is sweeter than I expected but still very good. More citrus flavor and not as much yeast. Alcohol presence though (NICE). Finish is smooth and tingly in the mouth with a nice alcohol warming. Another fine quality beer from Unibroue.

stubby (334) - Santee, California, USA - SEP 19, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 21, 2008 Spicy and dry, with a nice balancing sweetness on the finish, well balanced. Interesting Belgian golden ale. Spiced with coriander? Nice cloudy golden orange color. Very light head. One of my favorite beers from one of my favorite breweries.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bierkoning (10206) - La Tropica, NETHERLANDS - SEP 18, 2003
Golden color, cloudy appearance. Flowery, slightly hoppy aroma. Sweetish flavor with vanilla, peach, apple. Alcohol burn. Deceptively drinkable well made beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
SG (465) - Valley Center, California, USA - SEP 17, 2003
Light colored yellow/gold and cloudy. Citrus, spice, and yeasty nose. Way too sweet on the palate. It's almost like drinking melted butter in some ways. There is something about the yeast, spice, sweetness blend that I despise. I could only get through half a glass. One of the only beers I've ever poured down the sink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Kåstå (1273) - Mol, BELGIUM - SEP 10, 2003
UPDATED: APR 1, 2004 The cork hit the ceiling at mach 1. I was not prepared and the shock actually lasted a couple of minutes. There is a warning on the bottle but who reads this? Luckily I did not aim at someone. Cloudy blond beer with a quickly disappearing head. Citrus, yeast and alcohol aroma. Slightly sweet well carbonated beer with citrus, yeast taste with side tastes of hop and spice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
thehoff (596) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 8, 2003
This is a very beer looking beer. Looks like a nice draft, good head. Smells like a Unibroue beer, very strong. The flavor is much like their other beers as well. Subtle at first and then builds to a very alcohol strong finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
wildchefbill (245) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - SEP 5, 2003
Moderate head. Cloudy (unfiltered)yellow color. Sharp (champagne) start, with a sweet malty finish. Good spiciness with a mild fruity balance. Surprisingly mellow for 9% alcohol. I enjoyed this beer very much.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - SEP 2, 2003
This was my first tripel style.Shared w/ my uncle Paul and my father.I loved it then(98)(not even knowing a beer could contain 9% alcohol.And I love it even more now.Very chmpagne/wine like aroma(sweet yet sharp)Pours out w/a nice head/some lace/Pretty hazy goden w/ fine yeast in suspention.The taste is very smooth and enjoyable.Malt/hop/spice perfection.9% hidden very well.Lots of bubbly on the tongue w/ hops & sweet malts dancing w/ the alcohol.I love this beer more than I expected.If this is the end of the world...I'm all about it!Sharp/smooth/highly recomended!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - SEP 1, 2003
Hazy golden orange color with white wispy head. Aroma is full of citrus notes with cheese and yeast background. Flavor is well balanced, slightly tart with lots of spiciness. I really liked this one as it was very easy to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - AUG 30, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 1, 2003 A hazy cloudy pour, and a slightly frothy creamy head, with some nice lacing. Smells of wine and sharp cheddar cheese upon opening the bottle. Some interesting flavors once it warms up, and I would not recommend drinking it any other way. Different than what I expected, not the best Unibroue has to offer, but very tasty just the same.