overall
Brewed by Unibroue (Sapporo)
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Chambly, Canada

RATINGS: 1514   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 315   ABV: 10.5%
La Terrible is a dark brown beer on lees and is part of a collection of exotic and refined Unibroue beers brewed using 100% natural raw materials. It may be drunk as an aperitif or as an after dinner digestive. It is equally a perfect accompaniment to the above-mentioned dishes or a pleasant alternative to coffee.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AAEA (155) - California, USA - JUN 4, 2014
750ml ($12.49) First time Iíve ever had this. This is a flavored beer. kinda wine tasting beer too. Not my favorite at all. high strength but its got a taste like pruno.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Bulk_Carrier (2275) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - MAY 21, 2014
This is the second time Iíve had this beer and the second time I believe its pretty over rated. The date I see is a best before 1/18/2018 stamped on the back of the bottle. I poured this into a chalice. The appearance was a decent looking dark color with a half finger white foamy head that rises a tad and eventually lowers leaving a decent coating of a lacing gracing the sides of the glass. The smell was once again just like the last time, too vinous, with some light plums and Belgian spices. The taste was sweet but vinous over taking the Belgian spices that wanted to come out but never did. There was a vinous-like plum sweet aftertaste with a long dry finish. On the palate, it sat about a medium with a pummeling dry-ing like effect putting my tongue into submission. The carbonation is decent for the style and to me. Its vinous and harsh and dry. Overall, Belgian Strong ale, well, I guess it is, but thereís too much vinous qualities in this one. This is the second time Iíve had this and probably the last time.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
TizzleJizzle (628) - Garland, Texas, USA - MAY 21, 2014
750ml bottle. Poured an opaque black with a frothy tan top with amazing lacing and head retention. Taste of Belgian yeast, plum, fig, with a quite boozy finish. High carbonation, medium body.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
vulcanmeister (199) - La Grande, Oregon, USA - MAY 17, 2014
Poured a dark reddish brown from a 750 ml bottle. Long lasting head with a sweet fruity aroma. Flavor was malty, fruity, with a strong sweetness. Was ok but just not my type.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Campm (3) - - APR 27, 2014 does not count
My least favorite of the Unibrue regulars. Very malty, not much head. Lots of fruit.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
60minuteman (864) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 23, 2014
A dark dark ruby color pour. I hard a very hard time opening this bottle. The top of the cork broke off and left me with a flat top cork flush against the opening of the bottle. A corkscrew did not work because of the protruding shape of the cork and I was forced to carve away at it until I can push it into the bottle. Finally I can drink it and it is well worth the wait! Dark fruits and spices everywhere in this beer! Aroma of funk, stone fruit, alcohol, red wine and something else...possibly tree bark or leaves? The fruit is wine and plum I think. Flavor has a musky overtone to it...or that is the cork I donít know. So good it tastes pure even though I know it isnít quite.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
halfgleason (1) - Indiana, USA - APR 22, 2014 does not count
I prefer Unibroueís Trois Pistoles, however, apart from a slight odd taste that I canít pinpoint, La Terrible is a good choice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
spasticbeast (21) - Indiana, USA - APR 20, 2014
Pours a dark coffee with medium tan head which has high retention. Smells like dark fruit and port wine. Tastes like port, dried black cherry, tart dark fruit with an earthy balance. Medium carbonation with a really smooth drinkability. One of my favorites!

HIGHB4LL (656) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - APR 6, 2014
Bomber share thanks to Matt. Appearance: three fingers of khaki head, dark red-brown color, clear. Aroma: lemon, brett, basement yeasty, light raisin, plum. Palate: medium body, dry finish, light carbonation. Taste: super sweet-light fruity tartness. Overal, great balance, unique beer. My new favorite from Unibroue

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
cheap (4209) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 6, 2014
On tap at the hollywood gardens. Odd mild perfumy aroma. Yes, first taste is strong and spicey. However, you would never think this stuff was near 11%, way to civilized for that. Yes, hides alky well. Not much co2 and finish is quite medicinal. I think Iím getting dizzy half way thru this glass.