overall
Brewed by Pivovarna Union (Laško)
Style: Pale Lager
Ljubljana, Slovenia

RATINGS: 168   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Union lager is the oldest, most renowned and popular beer produced by the brewery, and is available on draught as well as in bottles and cans. Its hallmark is a traditional flavour, familiar to both Slovenes as well as beer lovers from all over Europe.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Jukkabro (3484) - Tampere, FINLAND - APR 25, 2008
Dark yellow colored, little white head. Lemon dominates aroma with some cardboard also here, not too good one. Medium bodied. Flavor has stronger cardboard with some lemony-safty tone also. Aftertaste is slightly estery.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
andrewboss (137) - New York, USA - APR 16, 2008
Bottle at Sokol rst... just a plain lager, nothing special, OK with food. Wouldn’t try it again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - DEC 23, 2007
Pours pale golden w/ minimal froth and lacing. Average skunky malty aromas. Light to medium nectar w/ ample carbonation. Grainy malt based w/ chalky nuances. The finish is bittered mildly. Strong flavored and very old world.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
as (161) - Belgrade / Hamburg, - DEC 20, 2007
Can.Bad and boring. Standard appearance, light yellow color, quick disappearing head. Fruity and bready aromas but without any specific aftertaste. Strangely, the bitterness is quite low.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Slayer85 (1051) - Firenze, ITALY - NOV 12, 2007
Bottled. A clear golden beer with a disappearing white head. Sweet malty aroma and flavour with light bitterness. Dry, light body, nothing special, but a beer from a new country.

pele11 (1) - Ljubljana, SLOVENIA - OCT 25, 2007 does not count
this is the best beer ever. its made in Slovenian capitol Ljubljana. its has a soft, easy to drink flavour, and everywhere i go i take a cupple of cans with me!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Beershine (5218) - The Sunshine State, Florida, USA - OCT 8, 2007
Surprised that Union is rated so low, I thought it was one of the best macrobrews I have ever tried. I have noticed, however, that some of the low ratings are about the Union made in Croatia, which might taste different. The grainy body hooked me, and even though it is not a killer beer, you can do a lot worse. I sought it out whenever we were in Slovenia.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
motelpogo (6783) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - SEP 30, 2007
bottled. golden, mild malty aroma, reminded me a bit of vb. steady, average bitterness. average but reminded me how much i want to visit some of the many brewpubs in slovenia

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - SEP 8, 2007
Canned, at Trogir (near Split), Croatia.
Golden with a thin white head. Tastes like a shanndy, can’t tell if its is because I can’t read Croatian.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
heavy (2146) - Split, CROATIA - AUG 27, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2009 New review:</br> 0.5 l can that poured a golden body with small, shorter living head. Slightly lemony and grassy hops in aroma with notes of malt (honey, some flowers). OK. Flavor is empty, a bit of malt, a touch of metal near the finish, which is shorter, slightly sweetish and sourish. Watery body for sure. Boring and bad beer, but still, I was too subjective and a bit harsh in my first review. </br></br> Old review:</br> OK,this was supposed to be the worthest beer I have every drunk in my life. Few days ago I decided to give it another try...I thought it can’t be so bad...but it is. Only good it has is the average appearance, it looked like beer. But taste and aroma of nothing right with final taste in the mouth of give-me-something-other definitely does not make it good. I drunk the bottle to the bottom, still I was sorry to spill it but I don’t want to drink it anymore union. Can’t understand how anybody can like it... 2/3/2/1/4=1.2