Urban Chestnut Perdedor
     click to upload

Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.47/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Lemon-Lime Lager - "In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey..." Wha, wha, wha, what?!!! Well it’s like this. If you’re familiar with the Singer/Songwriter ’Beck’, you might recall his breakthrough single ’Loser’ aka ’Perdedor’. A finger-in-your-face song essentially stating, "I might be a loser cuz I’m less than a man, so what are you going to do about it...kill me?! Well that’s kinda like our Lemon-Lime Lager - "I might be a perdedor cuz I’m less than a traditional beer, so what are you going to do about it...spill me?!" "Got a couple of couches sleep on the love seat..." OG 11.2 Plato (Pilsner)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Terminus (3229) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - JUL 18, 2012
Tap at the brewpub June 2012-pours lightly hazy orange with a small soapy white head, nose is lemon lime kafir leaf, like a huge fresh glass of lemon/limeaid. wow, this is wack-lots of lemon lime sprite qualities with a ton of dry spicy hops. very nice session lager for a hot STL day (or any hot place for that matter). refreshing and something unique that i figured would suck, but didnt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
vyvvy (3904) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - JUN 17, 2012
I expected this to be down the lines of a Radler, I was wrong in that assumption. Pours from 1 liter grower a hazy golden with a white head. The aroma has smooth pale malt, lager roundedness, mild toast, crusty bread and hints of citrus. Medium / light smooth body that’s fairly rich and smooth with mild carbonation. The flavor starts with a citric sharpness along with light mildly toasted malt. The citrus is more pronounced on the taste than the aroma and cuts down on the lager smoothness. The finish shows a big lime flavor and its quite complimentary to the lager so that both are apparent, but there isn’t a huge citrus bit or super-smooth lager character. Really nice summer beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
kwoeltje (2232) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - JUN 5, 2012
(draught at tasting room) pale gold with rapidly fading white head. Light malt and lemon aroma. Flavor is light malt, mild lemon-lime, a bit tart in the finish.