Urban Legend Fauquier County
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   IBU: 48   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
"aka Adam S. aka The Forehead Crunch" A Belgian-American Pale ale with Citra, Simcoe and Amarillo hops.

DrnkMcDermott's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrnkMcDermott (2776) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - JAN 20, 2014
Iíve always had a thing with Amarillos, ever since I first encountered them in my first Gumballhead: it taste like a cat box. Donít ask how I know. Research online says tasters should refer to the smell as "durian," after the stinky fruit. Itís my job instead to convince people my description means itís a good thing. What gets me on this topic is this beer, with a hazy orange Pale Ale color and a thin head. My impression is that the, um "durian," but a trail this strong will dwindle as the beer ages a little. A slightly creamy malt taste helpsmitigate the sensation slightly, leaving a more lemony citrus punch at the end.