overall

RATINGS: 133   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.07   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
davidCC (130) - New York, USA - MAY 22, 2008
A local bar in ny has this on tap for real cheap...and as cheap as it is its almost not even worth it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Leighton (13821) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - APR 27, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 20, 2014 The Utica Club has a special membership base. If you are a member, then I donít need to say anymore. For those who arenít, read on. UC is a tasty brew. A light lager with a decent head and a flavor best described as...deece. As some other raters have written, The UC hearkens back to a bygone era, the era of our fathers and their fathers. A true poet put it thusly, "a Saturday afternoon lawn-mowing beer." Beautiful. But because it will be a while before my generation reaches our Salad Years, my friends and I simply slam the Golden Nectar any chance we get. Itís our way of connecting to the past and preparing for the future. Drink up. Join the Club.

Can shared at Bruceís in London. Yep, wonderful as always. Crisp, fairly bready, crisp straw. Light in body with fine carbonation. Clean finish, bright straw, some dry dough. Well done.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
uticaclub (1) - USA - FEB 14, 2008 does not count
This is a beer like the beer your parents and grandparents drank before America decided that yellow beer should also be tasteless.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ABUSEDGOAT (2416) - California, USA - JAN 3, 2008
Clear golden with a moderate head, actually some lacing and retention. Absolutely no aroma. Not a light aroma, not a bland aroma: no aroma. Light body, sourish grain flavor, moderate carbonation. Luckily, there is some evidence of pale malts as well. Overall, who cares, I paid $1 for a sour can of water.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dWLS (1) - New York, USA - NOV 21, 2007 does not count
Utica Club is a carry-over from the old days of the good old american beers our fathers drank on saturday afternoons when they cut the lawn. Thatís all itís SUPPOSED to be, and as such itís very good. Matts brewing company is a small, once macro, brewer that decided their small brewery with just 2 kettles could no longer keep up with the A-Bís and Coors, etc and moved towards a more craft brewing business model with their wonderful line of Saranac beers. Matts continues to brew Utica Club in small quantities both as a nod to their past and also for the benefit of our fathers and uncles that are still driniking it on saturday afternoons. Iím nobodyís father or uncle but I like Utica Club. Itís not a beer to impress anybody with, but if you were to compare it with any other American style "lawnmower" beer I think youíd find it is a good brew, and a piece of beer history that probably wonít be with us forever.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
mhelgason (495) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 16, 2007
bottle. small white head into straw body. best thing that I can say is drinkable but very impressive.

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
tmike1313 (15) - USA - OCT 18, 2007
Usually I donít even waste my time rating these beers, but a buddy of mine tried convincing me that this was a drinkable beer. Make a long story short, I had a beer to shut him up and it was so bad that I felt the need to rate its awfulness on here. Itís sad to say that Iíve probably had worse, but just a watery tasteless beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
hophead75 (2012) - Largo, Florida, USA - SEP 29, 2007
12 oz can. clear straw color with a small to medium white head. Aroma of grains and some corn adjunct. Aroma is faint, reminds me of a macro. Taste is also like a light macro- grainy with corn, and not much else. Watery. Still better than BMC pale lagers though. I bought this because the can said it was the first beer to be sold after prohibition. Iím glad I donít have to drink much of it.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
sneezey (132) - Hackettstown, New Jersey, USA - SEP 2, 2007
One work. Skunk. More watery than water if possible, like someone dumped spoiled grape juice or sauerkraut in the tank. Only the smallest bit better than nothing in that it does have just the smallest hint of a yellow color. But even that is questionable. The worst EVER. The worst 3rd world brewed beer isnít this bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - MAR 25, 2007
A straw colored pale lager.This was a veggie beer, no meat to the body.Lots of malt on this one.It was one of those beers you drink one and fall asleep.Boring nothing good here except the appearance.