Valley Brew Red Rocker Ale

(RETIRED)

Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.45/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Rocker Red is a new specialty beer created by brewer Matt McDougall. This beer is big and bold.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
aspidites (1272) - manteca, California, USA - MAY 10, 2008
Big malt up front with with some good floral and herbal hop notes. Very bready and malt forward palate with some residual sugar and herbal bittering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - OCT 30, 2007
No thanks to the server, I wasn’t really sure what beer I was drinking until I had to go to my wealth of beer knowledge (aspidites) and ask. So it seems this beer was made in honor of the Red Rocker himself, Sammy Hagar. Cool! I’ve always been a Sammy fan, going all the way back to Montrose.

Anyways, the beer was nice enough. An imperial red is what I was told this was the style. Nice beer. Aroma of citrusy hops, subltle malts and a bit isopropyl-ly when it warms up. Appearance is a dark amber, slightly hazy. A bit harsh on the tongue, especially after it warms up. Reminded me a bit of swigging rubbing alcohol with the burn. Citrusy bitterness, slightly dry with a clean finish. Nice beer. I just wish the server would have paid attention to the beers she serves.