Vancouver Island Victoria Pilsner

Victoria, Canada

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.72   ABV: -

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
italianjohn (2232) - Penndel, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 2, 2008
Picked this one up at The Strath in downtown Victoria BC smells good and has a simple flavor pours a nice golden color ... says is has Czech Saaz Hops herbal aroma and well balanced flavor its good simple ... Its a typical pils nothing overpowering an easy drinking brew with a little bit of taste from an Awesome City ... Expensive though cost almost 14 bucks for a six pack

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
CapFlu (4358) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 22, 2008
(Draught) Sampled at Christie’s Carriage House on February 21, 2008. I was surprised to hear from Oakes about the availability of this beer, than I was somewhat floored when I actually saw it: orange body, no head. Not the sign of your usual pilsners? The aroma comes across of grain mixed with nail polish, while it isn’t offensive I do find that it isn’t terribly to style or geared to one’s palate. The flavour is respectable, a tad alcoholic but there is some decent carbonation, creamy- and grainy- ness to satisfy my belly while I bump up to the faux fireplace in Christie’s open southern dining area. I’d be interested in trying this beer again as I had to continually ask the server if this was indeed the pilsner, it did come across more like a pale lager.