overall
Brewed by Macedonian Thrace Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Komotini, Greece

RATINGS: 170   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.26   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Vergina Beer is a lager of premium quality whose brewing process includes many specialized stages that are all supervised by distinguished specialists in brewing in order to maintain the best possible beer quality.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
MrManning (2003) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 20, 2004
Nice yellow colour with decent looking carbonation, accompanied by a nice foamy head. Aroma is very sweet and malty. Very nice! taste is a little strange though, bitter yet lacking in much else. Decent in any event though. I am glad I got to try this one! thanks a lot to DOUG SHOEMAKER for hooking me up with this one!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Gorbalev (2916) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 2, 2004
Bottle. The aroma is the best thing here - very sweet malt. Other than that, pale yellow, almost no taste to speak of and a very dry, short finish. My first Greek beer though and nothing really offensive. Thanks Doug.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Radek Kliber (6390) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JUL 11, 2004
Sweet fruity malt, not bad. This fruity sweetness was exposed as well during my drinking. Did not match well with harsh, bitter aftertaste. Very short finish that is marked by carbonation. Thanks Doug!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 11, 2004
Nice malty aroma, light yellow, good sized, short lived, fluffy white head, some lace. Soft malt flavour, and minerals, maybe in the water? A touch of bitterness, average.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Pailhead (4761) - Brownstown, Michigan, USA - JUN 4, 2004
Bottle: Grassy skunky aroma. A very pale transparent yellow with virtually no head. There’s bubbles, but they never form what I would call a head. Not much flavor in the initial taste. Finishes a little on the sweet side with a slight bitterness. Metallic tasting too. This beer has very little taste and no suprise not much aftertaste. Nothing to this beer. Throw it in the category with the rest the crappy US macro brews.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - MAY 29, 2004
Slight skunkiness/hoppiness in the aroma, all very mild. Golden yellow in color, with a thick, creamy head atop. Very crisp and effervescent, not too offensive of an aroma, subtle, bitter hop finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - MAY 29, 2004
Bottle. I bought this because I needed Greece for my collection, and yes, for the name. It reminds me of this bit that Margaret Cho does (she is the ONLY funny female comedienne) where she’s talking about going to the gyno and the lady prepping her is this old chick who says (in a hick voice), "My name’s Gwen, I’ll be warshin’ your vergina". It’s hilarious to hear a second-gen Asian with a flat voice doing a hick impersonation. Ahh yes, I’m supposed to be rating this stuff. Pale, big head, fizzy. The aroma is a total skunkfarm, but this doesn’t quite come through in the flavor. Instead it’s just plain flat and watery, and it makes this a pretty mediocre beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Crash (531) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAR 15, 2004
Light yellow appearance with small head if you look quick. It had a grainy smell and taste. The finish was sweet but, not enough to help. Just not that great and I wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't for the name.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
JMerritt (1792) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAR 14, 2004
Sampled at the Peoria Int'l Beer Festival. Very light gold in color, small head that totally disappears. Grainy wheat/hay aroma and flavor. Finishes semi-sweet. I admit, I only tried this because I giggled at the name.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - FEB 14, 2004
I prefer the taste, aroma, and appearance of real "vergina" to this beer.