overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2539   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
cathcacr (643) - Oregon, USA - MAR 10, 2007
I wouldn’t say sour, so much as bitingly, harshly tart. I don’t think I’ve ever had anything anywhere near as tart. Aroma pungently tart. But it’s a rare occasion that you have an aroma that’s actually there.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
CheersMate (1315) - Fremont (Seattle), Washington, USA - MAR 9, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2007 I liked this beer due to the fact that it was a nice surprise. I had no idea what to expect. When I first popped the top on this sucker I was not expecting a sweet and sour smell, but it definitely did have one. After the pour, I noticed the beer had a brown and red hue. Great color. The total shocker came when I actually drank the beer, and I must say it was VERY sweet. The taste of cherries lingered inside of my entire mouth. Creamy, very little head, and a very fruity aftertaste. I was surprised and the only reason this beer did not rate higher was due to the fact that it at times was TOO sweet. Not my favorite, but also not bad. Cheers!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
estoves (41) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - MAR 9, 2007
Bottle.Dark ruby brown body with a large fizzy and creamy lasting head. Sour smell of wineager. Flavor is sour, sweet with som notes of wood and sour berries. Way to sour for me, probably not bad for its style, but i certainly dont like the style now.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wolfenstein (96) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - MAR 9, 2007
Bottle: pours dark brown with little head. It has a nice wine aroma. A bit tart but still sweet. Big cherry nose. A bit like a sour green apple on the finish.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
unclemattie (4357) - Georgia, USA - MAR 8, 2007
on tap at the Brickstore. dark purple hue. off white head. aroma of sweet balsamic vinegar. tastes of a non acidic balsamic vinegrette. very sweet. hints of grape. this is a fun beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BigBeer45 (1326) - Michigan, USA - MAR 7, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 1, 2012 Bottle, poured dark ruby brown, some off-white bubbles, sour scents with cider mixed in, little caramel in the nose, faint malt and wood fragrances, some brown sugar scent, and sweet hidden in here and there, sweet malt taste, wood, old malt taste (could not think of a better description), sour small pucker in each drink, tart apple cider on the tongue, dry on the palate, some taste of grape skins in the mouth, a different brew than any I have tried yet, interesting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SHIG (3934) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - MAR 7, 2007
Bottle: Poured a reddish tinted clear brown with a creamy off white head. The aroma is bitter fruit possibly grapes. Flavor is very interesting, sour wine like at first and then dry malty finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dgator32 (16) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 7, 2007
Bottle. Pours a ruby-brown color with a smallish beige colored head that is rather thin Aroma is grape and some cherry and other fruit Flavor is really good almost wine like... really well made beer!!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
VikingHammer (506) - Lynnfield, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 6, 2007
Pours a dark red with an off white head. Aromas of vinegar, grapes, and other fruits. Flavors of grapes, cider, spices and berries. Finish is thin and dry but very refreshing. Good summer ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
garmonbozia (429) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - MAR 6, 2007
Let me start by saying that this is my first Flemish Sour Ale. I have to say I thouroughly enjoyed it. This beer smells like vinigar with sugar plum mixed in. Taste is vinigary and sweet as well. I tasted cherries, raisins and alot of carbination. It reminds me of sparkiling wine, very dry finish with notes of fruit and of course vinigar, but it also very thin. I must give a big thanks to Mike (Sprinkle) from Crown Liqour for suggesting this beer. I would like to try more Flemish’s too