overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2717   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
f351c4v (411) - Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 21, 2007
Pours an extreme dark red color with a nice, off-white head. Aroma is very sour, a definite oaked character. Initial sourness seems to be a carryover from the aroma; center of this beer seems to be nutty and sweet. A woody, sour finish. Satisfying, just not very interesting.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - DEC 21, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2008 Bottle. Pours rich and full of plumb-red goodness. Aroma is nutty strawberry. Nice lacing around the glass. Flavor is coppery cherry with a faint sweetness that includes a touch of cedar. Watery mouthfeel. Fair, but not worth the price.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BrockLanders (780) - Panama City, Florida, USA - DEC 19, 2007
bottle. Red-brown color...minimal head at best. Moderate sourish nose...hints of vinegar. Sweeter tasting than the aroma hints....thin, vinous mouthfeel. The malt is in there somewhere...not the best of the style but far from the worst. Worth a try, but donít expect too much.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
nhorween (645) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 19, 2007
Bottle, courtesy of sersdf. Darker than expected. Good solid aroma - tart cherry, vanilla, light alcohol in the nose, vinegar. A tad sweet for me, but really tasty. Not overly sour, but sour enough. Tasty, and worth a revisit.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
sersdf (1019) - chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 19, 2007
surprisingly dark. half inch large bubbled muddy head. lacing lasts nicely. smells pretty woody, funky and musty. actually not too appetizing, but the flavor is redeeming. perhaps too sweet, but i like it that way. a lot of berry flavor, a bit thin middle profile on flavor. kinda taffyish. strangely the body feels really smooth but also seems pretty effervescent. not sure how to describe it. in any case, i could probably drink a lot of this if it was sold in 6 packs and was thus not so expensive.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Pwn3d (1962) - Manhattan, New York, USA - DEC 16, 2007
Had this for Christmas dinner. Nose was apples, vinegar, and roasted beef. Taste was apple spice with malt undertones. It was tart, but not exactly sour. A bit syrupy, but pleasant and balanced... very nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ilovedarkbeer (2698) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - DEC 14, 2007
Pours a brown color with a yellow white creamy head. Smells of meat and sugar. Tastes like beef, sugar, honey, and some spice. Very different and somewhat hard to get used to but I can see the merit.Nice beer in the flemish style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
pintsize (1042) - Austin, Texas, USA - DEC 14, 2007
12-13-07 bottle. Deep amber brown colored with nice lacing. Smells of a white wine spritzer and cherries - not awful - just a bit heavy on the alcohol in the smell for me. Sour, but acutally it was much more sweet in flavor than anything else, I was very surprised. Crisp dry finish. Aroma, taste, and even slightly the texture remind me of white wine. Overall, I would like to have again. I would prefer more sour and less sweet though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
lb4lb (2583) - Austin, Texas, USA - DEC 13, 2007
Dark, deep reddish brown pour that lets some light through. Smell is kind of a funky, sour cherry and wine like aroma without a strong offputting vinegar scent. Gooey band-aid-y aroma that I donít care for, though. If that were in a regular beer it would be called infected. If itís in a Sour Ale, its pleasant?? Flavor is sweeter and less sour than expected. Fairly sweet up front, but finishing dry with a bubbly champagne like body and flavors that are reminiscent of cherry, grape and cranberries. A bit hard to describe as its only my 1st or 2nd sour ale. All in all, not a bad experience and a unique beer that is like a funky fruit soda. I would have to get used to that odd smell though, to really enjoy this beer again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ando (105) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - DEC 10, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2008 *I like it will buy it again* the cork says exp date nov.2007 app: NICE, I poured it right into a duvel tulip, a 2 finger head. deep rich garnet ruby color kahki colored head.. its just pretty. smell: sour, little dark viniger, some spiciness in the nose. I love this smell. I really do. something inviting and wamring about it. taste: Yum Yum Yum. a little sweet and meek up front then mild sour tartness then more refined sweets, then booze on the breath like a nice post white wine sip. actually the soft fruity sweet finish reminds me a lot of a very mild white wine... little pepper in it to. has a little spice and spritz in the back of the throat that reminds me of the way sparkiling cider that I had to drink on new years when I was young felt. very balanced, very smooth then exciting then smooth again. I was a little worried that it would be a lot more sour than it is.. cause I have this big bottle all to myself. BUT its easy sailing. mf: spritzy, alive.. I wish it was more carbonated. and or thicker.. I dunno. Its good.. Actually silky, thats it, I wish it was more silky. drinakble?: very very drinkable.. the cider type spritz spice, slows you down a little.. also the feeling like drinking to much cider, that if you chugged vats of this you would have to sit down on the pot for a long time slows me down a bit. OverAll: today was my 1 year day of joining BA, great beer to have as a reward for putting up with that silly site. This is really great beer, and if you are scared of the whole wild beer sour tart pucker thing, no worries here. It is there but mild. I think some of the ladyís might even love this one.