overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2392   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
ChillCoat (1029) - Concord, California, USA - DEC 30, 2005
I cannot believe I havenít rated this yet! This is one of my stand-byís. Bottled Pours mahogany with an ivory head that leaves good lacing. Aroma is primarily cherries with some sour and vanilla qualities as well. Sour flavor is dominated by cherries and sweet malt. Huge sour apple notes and some musty smokiness as well.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
spkldhenlvr24 (517) - Newburgh/Buffalo, New York, USA - DEC 24, 2005
I had been waiting to try this style for a while so I picked this up when I saw Half-Time had some. Maybe a bad bottle, either way I was a little dissapointed. Great dark ruby, cherry, mahogeny body. Long lasting medium off-white haed. Nice lacing. Vinegar aroma. Very acidic, bubbly vinegar flavor. Sweet, bitter fruits. This beer explodes in your mouth like champagne. Became drinkable after a while. Different then anything else Iíve tried. Iíd like to try some more, but for now it was just a little extreme.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bobaidan (516) - Southington, Connecticut, USA - DEC 23, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2005 Aroma is almost wine like, with a definate vinager type scent. Flavors are a combination of fruity sweetness and sour. Almost like a soft drink rather than a beer. Definately not bad and very different. I nice change of pace, but not something Iíll be drinking often. **Edit** After drinking a second bottle of this I have dratically improved the rating. Once you know what to expect, this is an exceptionaly good beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
waveman352 (178) - Saratoga Springs, New York, USA - DEC 21, 2005
large bottle 12/19/05. This is my first flemish sour and it was not at all what I expected. Extremely vinagar like in taste and smell. Very acidic. Reminded me of beer mixed with carbonated apple cider. Poured a cherry wood color with a decent head. I am going to have to try some others in this style but my first impressions are no better than average.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
bask (305) - Leuven, BELGIUM - DEC 20, 2005
(Bottle, ABS drinks) Dark brown colour, little slowly diminishing beige head, no lacing. Lots of acid bubbles. Aroma of orange peels, hops, spices, light alcohol, sweet fruits, light raisin, cherries, soap. Sour, spicy and sweet taste. Flavour of fruits (cherry) and wood. Vivid mouthfeel, almost like cola blended with alcohol. Some sweet and not too harsh maltiness in the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DrBayern (1139) - Morehead City, North Carolina, USA - DEC 15, 2005
Deep brown ruby, small fleeting off white head. Vinegary aroma turning vinous - interesting to say the least. Mouthfeel improves as it warms and there is a champagne like fizziness. Flavor of sour cherries and grapes, yet it is basically on the sweet side. The sweet finish isnít my style, but overall a well crafted beer. I need to try other examples of the style, and then perhaps try this again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Siroy (220) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 13, 2005
[bottle, 12oz, 11 months old, ~18C, Had this with Daniel Bilodeau]
Rich deep brown with ruby highlights. Nice head with good lacing. To the nose: Red wine, barnyard, humus, bitter-sweet, (subacid). some sort of balsamic vinegar. Taste is sweet but no trace of fruit whatsoever. Traces of lactic fermentation. Exceptional. Glad I can find it at the corner store! :-)

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
rsans (125) - Pont-Rouge, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 5, 2005
Bottle. I had high expectations but was rather disappointed. Nice color with a good head with some lacing. Good carbonation. Aroma of sour cherry and balsamic vinegar. Strange mouthfeel. Sort of sweet wine like taste. It reminded me of a home made brew of choke cherries wine that my parents use to make a long time ago. Although I respect this beer it is definitely not my type of beer. Could not finish my glass. I guess there is no in-between for this beer. You either like or dislike this style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
erway (1004) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - DEC 4, 2005
Pours a deep brown with ruby highlights and a quickly dissipating soapy head. Aroma is mildly funky and acidic with notes of vanilla, cherries and anise. The body is med-light and spritsy. The flavors is med. sour with cherry and vanilla again. Finish is dry but with no bite. This needs more time and acidity. I would like to try a bottle of just the old ale. A bit dissapointing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
destroye7 (312) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 3, 2005
Bottle. Dark brown/red color. Vinegar aroma. Sweet taste. Cherries. A bit too sweet for my taste but not bad. The head disappeared fast.