overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2507   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
gnoff (8211) - MŲlndal, SWEDEN - AUG 7, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2008 Draught at Den Tatoverede Enke in Copenhagen, Denmark. Shady dark brown color, small tan head. Red wine scent, mixed with butterscotch which is not apparent in the bottled version. Fruity sour taste different from the bottled one. Not very much red wine taste, but itís still apparent.
Edited info: I’ve had this on 25 cl, 33 cl and big (75 cl?) bottles, also on draught at various occasions and different places. My wife loves the stuff so I taste it every now and then, but I tend to just not like this one too much, though it’s better on bigger bottles than small ones and evern better on draught.

illinismitty (2270) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 6, 2006
A good friend of mine from Texas sent this to me (Brian...join the site you loser). 750ml I believe. Pours a deep brown with ruby highlights, and a nice pillowy tan head with nice retention and spotty lacing. Nice mouthfeel, that is first light and silky, but is spritzy at the back of the mouth. Aroma of lemon and sour apples, very gueze like. Flavor is nicely balanced. I get brown sugar, dark fruits, oak, yeast, sour and tangy fruit. I like how the sourness, sweetness, and fruitiness interact. Mildy tart finish. I am not a real expert in the style, but I like this. Although next time Iíll get the small bottle.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
mickrussom (2) - USA - AUG 6, 2006 does not count
Looks good. Thats it. I thought something was wrong with this beer, I thought the bottle I had was corked and spoiled. Its like lemon and basalmic vinegar. The same day I bought: Nice Chouffe, Stone Barely Wine, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Duvel, Westmalle, Trappists Rochefort 10, Brassierie de Rocs, La Fin du Monde from Unibroue, Chimay Grand Trappists Reserve, Delerium Tremens and a Lindemanís Peche Lambic. I dont know how or why a store with all these great beers stocks this garbage.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rybowen (105) - Los Angeles 90039, California, USA - AUG 5, 2006
Beautiful red color with off-white head and an exotic, winey aroma. Flavor is sour, balanced with malt, which is interesting, and assertive. Yeasty flavors underneath and a tinge of hops in the finish. Nice, outside-the-box brew. I like it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
frankR (145) - Davis, California, USA - AUG 4, 2006
New brew at my local beer store under the Belgium section. The label said blend of 8 oak barrel aged ales, sounds up my ally. The brew pours with a rich dark amber liquid and light frothy head. Aroma is an ambrosia balsamic vinegar and Jack Daniels oak barrel. Flavor is sour? Strangely this is my first "Flemish Sour Ale". Iím not sure what to make of the flavor; my palette is unaccustomed this. Nonetheless interesting enough to write my first ratebeer.com review in over two years. My favorite part is the palette. It has a chardonnay oil film type texture while having a bold thick body. Having never tasted another "Flemish Sour", itís hard to tell where this stacks up. I’ll keep my eye out for another.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Trooper11 (468) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - AUG 4, 2006
Pours a deep red color, with a large off white, foamy head that diminishes quickly leaving behind a strong fruity sour grape aroma with a hint of alcohol. Light body with medium carbonation. Very fresh, crisp grape flavor. Medium sweetness. Taste to me like a sparkling wine. Nice drink though.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
abb73 (27) - Orlando, Florida, USA - AUG 3, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 4, 2006 Had this on tap. Nice sweet and sour candied fruit aromas. Pours a slightly hazy reddish-brown with a very fizzy head that was quickly diminishing, but left a decent amount of lacing. Nice and sour like a gueze with a good ripe fuity balance. Definitely a little balsamic vinegar in the back, which is more pronounced in the bottle version than this tap version. This has quickly become one of my favorite beers. If you know someone who wonít drink beer because they prefer wine, give them a taste of this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
kimcgolf (872) - Dacula, Georgia, USA - AUG 1, 2006
This was my first Flemish Sour, and it really grew on me. Poured to darlk brown with hints of red, and a thick tan head that lasted for the whole drink and left excellent lacing. The aroma was very funky, reminded me of those old Paz Easter Egg Coloring kits where you drop a colored tablet in pure vinegar. I was afraid of what I would be drinking next. To my great surprise, the taste was excellent. It was sour fruit, and at first caught me off guard, but I quickly adapted. Finish was dry, sour and warming. I bought this in a 4pack, and was concerned that I may have over-bought. Now, I know I will be heading back for more.

TonyBanannas (36) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 31, 2006
Whoa, pretty complex stuff. Bottle, poured a deep red, just about maroon, clear. Light tan head, little lace. Ok, where to start. Aroma is almost wine like. Taste is vinegary, though multiple fruits seem present. Iím talking about grapes, prunes, raisens, and apples. I can invision all these things when I take a sip. Lightly sweetend finish. Not a bad brew, evern for someone who enjoys the more bitter beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
lgklotet (432) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - JUL 31, 2006
Dark red colour, opaque. Huge aroma of wine and cherries. Palate is incredibly rich and full, sweet and sour at the same time. Layers and layers of flavour going on here. Must have this again!