overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2230   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
aracauna (2994) - Georgia, USA - JUN 30, 2004
Dark burgandy with a lively pale khaki head. The aroma is like a fruit basket with peaches and green apples and grapes. There’s also a slight vinegariness in there. The flavor is more tart than I expected, giving the fruits life. A bit of wine. There’s some spice or herb in there that is slipping my mind. Slick on the tongue, this one takes a bit to get used to, but it improves as you sip it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUN 29, 2004
From the Sharp Edge Beerfest: this had a lot a fruit for a flemish ale, it had a lot of tones of citrus... this had to be one of my favorites of the festival...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - JUN 29, 2004
Poured a ruby red with hints of fruitiness.The taste was very wine like.Had some wine charachteristics with a small bite.A nice and sweet brew that i would try again

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
HopsOrDie (687) - New Lenox, Illinois, USA - JUN 29, 2004
The color of this one was similar to dark cherry wood, brownish red. Flavor was very sweet smelling, lots of dark fruit. Flavor was sweet and tart all in one. I love sweet and sour candy and this beer reminded me of that. Cherry sweetness gets balanced by tartness throughout the glass. Lasting flavor makes it easy to enjoy as an after dinner drink; this would be great with cheesecake.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - JUN 28, 2004
Excellent Flemish Sour Ale. Blend of lightly sour cherry taste. Truly fabulous finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Terminus (3146) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - JUN 26, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 23, 2005 Keith-very tasty beer. brown/red color with a sweat fruit aroma. very smooth and complex taste that completes this pleasure to the senses.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
willblake (2632) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JUN 23, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 18, 2004 Brewtopia’04. Aromas of vinegar; barny like a lambic. Reminds me of a spoiled reisling in its insistent sour grapiness. I don’t get any of the spice notes expected. Odd, sticky-tart mouthfeel. I’d like to try a whole serving some time.
Re-Rate, 09.17.04 I'm happy to see that my Brewtopia notes aren't too far off, but I think I like this beer alot more now than I did then. The beer is aromatic and unusual - big cherry, sour apple, vinous, toffee, tobacco. Flavor and palate are integral. This beer is intensely tart (yikes!) with big vinous, kabinett reisling and cherry flavors, and ending with hints of brett. Good, unusual, not at all quaffable, intriguing beer. I'm sticking with my original numbers, I think they're right on.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Radek Kliber (6324) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JUN 21, 2004
Nice, pleasant sour aroma, sour sugar candy like. Dark ruby amber, big thick foamy head. Sweet sour set of flavours welcomes you, burnt caramel follows. Interesting Belgian ale mixed with sour notes. Nice too see sour Kriek like character .This is first time I had chance of having such hybrid.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - JUN 16, 2004
Very emjoyable. I’ve been sampling this nightly for that past week or so, trying to get a read. Sweet sticky head that attaches to the lip and continues to grow. Nice sour vinegary aroma. A little too sweet, but enough sour not to make it distracting. A great beer and good representative of style.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
crzybob77 (530) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - JUN 16, 2004
This was a incredibly good beer. Nose is like fruity wine. Dark amber brown color. Very smooth and fruity taste, especially cherries. The underlying ale taste mixes well with the fruit for a very well balanced and delicious brew. I’m glad I got the 750 ml one, just 12 oz of this wouldnt have been enough.