overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2775   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pantanap (3366) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 9, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2009 bottle at Sheffields...aroma: tart cherry pretty much sums it up, almost a little wine-like.....appearance: dark brown, cherry-red, and raisiney in color accompanied by a thin almost white head.....taste: starts off with some sour cherries with oak notes. the flavor then evolves to something sweeter. nice and refreshing for a warm day in chicago. i was surporised by this one and would be more than happy to have again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
padrefan98 (854) - (San Diego) Santee, California, USA - JUL 5, 2007
Bottle shared with fordest at O’briens. Very intense tart smells of sour cherries and some aging flowers. Awesome flavors of sour fruit and wood.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
MiP (15272) - Sønderborg, DENMARK - JUL 4, 2007
UPDATED: APR 25, 2014 Bottle at KØ07. Nice woody and sour aroma. The flavour is nicely sour, yoghurty, with a little earth and wood. Quite sweet. Slightly cleansing. Very nice, although on the sweet side. 7 3 8 3 18

Bottle, 6.2%. Acetic and vinegary aroma - mouthwatering. Clear brown colour. Small stable light brown head. The flavour is sweet at first, but turns nicely acidic. Like my original rating, I must sayt it is a bit sweet. 8 3 7 3 16

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
fordest (2455) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - JUL 3, 2007
Poured reddish brown with just a little head from the 11 oz bottle. Aromas were tart cherry, just a little acidic. Flavor was quite opposite. No acidity at all. Sweet sweet cherry pie filling. Very yummy. Very Tasty. I like this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
estoves2 (98) - SWEDEN - JUL 2, 2007
Bottle.Dark ruby brown body with a large fizzy and creamy lasting head. Sour smell of wineager. Flavor is sour, sweet with som notes of wood and sour berries. Way to sour for me, probably not bad for its style, but i certainly dont like the style now.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
doubleipa (224) - Georgia, USA - JUN 29, 2007
I’m not very familar with this style since I’ve ever had one of these on draft. However, I certainly will try as many of this style after having this one. This was really a spectacular beer. I can’t say I would’ve appreciated this several years ago. Very sour aroma - duh! A little bit of vinegar, cherry, raspberry, and oak. Kind of hard to describe as the sour is so predominant. Taste is really huge. Incredible levels of tartness. Nice frothy head and a light ruby color. Great mouthfeel - very lively. I can’t wait to pop open one of these at the next neighborhood party and offer this to someone.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - JUN 28, 2007
Bottle. Pours deep ruby with amber edges and a creamy beige head. The aroma is sour berries, oak, hints of chocolate and caramel. The flavor is oak, dry champagne, and berries. Mild sweetness and assertive acidity counter the mellow sourness. The oaken character intensifies toward the finish, where some brown sugar kicks in. Tasty stuff.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 5/20
Adam420 (9) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 28, 2007 does not count
Oh my God did I hate this beer. It just tastes sour and way too sweet which made me look at the back of the bottle for the expiration date. I don’t understand how its rated so highly on this site. I assume the fact that it is quite unique in its flavor that has put it in such high regard, but I think it’s just gross. And I knew from looking at the beer in the bottle that it wasn’t going to have much of a head, which, if you do manage to get, disappears very quickly. Overall this beer is not for me, not in the slightest bit. I guess I’m glad I tried it though, as it is very different, so I would recommend that you do the same if you are afforded the opportunity, you’re opinion of this beer might differ from mine.

nolankowal (938) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 27, 2007
Bottle. NIce crimson pour with a steady yellowed light tan head. THe aroma isn’t as pungent as I would’ve expected but it is still strong despite that. Aromas of light funk, brett, subtle vinous elements and some dry oak. Things seem to really stand out when it hits the tounge: dry wood and vinous elements are coupled with caramel malt and brown sugar characteristics with some apple skin and funk elements that enter fairly subtle. Sweet and lightly funky when it first hits the tounge with a constant yet light sour quality coming through...sweet fruity sugars not far behind with a bit of maltiness giving this one some balance. The wodiness comes through mid-way drying it out for the bitter/slightly sour/dry finish. Sturdy body with a solid yet smooth carbonation. A really nice brew to be sure though I think I’d like a bit less sweet and a bit more sour.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
nahthan (129) - Oakland, California, USA - JUN 26, 2007
Guest tap at Town Hall in Minneapolis. A breat blend of brett sour and grain sweet. Low hops, as one would expect. Well done. So unusual to find something like this on tap, especially in Minnesota. A little bit sweet to drink too much of it, but a 4-6oz. pour is perfect. Enjoyable.