Brewed by Verhaeghe
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2785   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JoeinDahlem (1456) - Berlin, Berlin, GERMANY - MAR 14, 2007
Bottle. Cola-like appearance, thin head. Sour red wine aroma. I feared this beer would be too sweet, but it actually a nice balance between a sweet kriekish flavor and a sour, sparkling grape juice. My favorite part was the dry, old, filthy finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
William (202) - Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - MAR 14, 2007
On tap at Belgie in Utrecht. A bit too sweet for my taste, almost comparable to some Kriek beers. Nice head and beautiful glass.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hoser (372) - Cowtown, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 11, 2007
My wifeís favourite beer, and of late there is always some in the cellar. Page 476 of Michael Jacksonís Great Beer Guide.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
cathcacr (646) - Oregon, USA - MAR 10, 2007
I wouldnít say sour, so much as bitingly, harshly tart. I donít think Iíve ever had anything anywhere near as tart. Aroma pungently tart. But itís a rare occasion that you have an aroma thatís actually there.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
CheersMate (1340) - Portland (Sellhood), Oregon, USA - MAR 9, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2007 I liked this beer due to the fact that it was a nice surprise. I had no idea what to expect. When I first popped the top on this sucker I was not expecting a sweet and sour smell, but it definitely did have one. After the pour, I noticed the beer had a brown and red hue. Great color. The total shocker came when I actually drank the beer, and I must say it was VERY sweet. The taste of cherries lingered inside of my entire mouth. Creamy, very little head, and a very fruity aftertaste. I was surprised and the only reason this beer did not rate higher was due to the fact that it at times was TOO sweet. Not my favorite, but also not bad. Cheers!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
estoves (41) - GŲteborg, SWEDEN - MAR 9, 2007
Bottle.Dark ruby brown body with a large fizzy and creamy lasting head. Sour smell of wineager. Flavor is sour, sweet with som notes of wood and sour berries. Way to sour for me, probably not bad for its style, but i certainly dont like the style now.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wolfenstein (96) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - MAR 9, 2007
Bottle: pours dark brown with little head. It has a nice wine aroma. A bit tart but still sweet. Big cherry nose. A bit like a sour green apple on the finish.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
unclemattie (4358) - Georgia, USA - MAR 8, 2007
on tap at the Brickstore. dark purple hue. off white head. aroma of sweet balsamic vinegar. tastes of a non acidic balsamic vinegrette. very sweet. hints of grape. this is a fun beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BigBeer45 (1436) - Michigan, USA - MAR 7, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 1, 2012 Bottle, poured dark ruby brown, some off-white bubbles, sour scents with cider mixed in, little caramel in the nose, faint malt and wood fragrances, some brown sugar scent, and sweet hidden in here and there, sweet malt taste, wood, old malt taste (could not think of a better description), sour small pucker in each drink, tart apple cider on the tongue, dry on the palate, some taste of grape skins in the mouth, a different brew than any I have tried yet, interesting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SHIG (4675) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - MAR 7, 2007
Bottle: Poured a reddish tinted clear brown with a creamy off white head. The aroma is bitter fruit possibly grapes. Flavor is very interesting, sour wine like at first and then dry malty finish.