overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2293   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - FEB 19, 2003
This is my first flemish sour ale. Very flavorful, full of fruits and spices. A very nice combination of flavors, tart, but not to the level of a lambic. A nice cedar color.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 16, 2003
this beer is definitely fun!!! winy, vinous aroma. the body looks like a coke or a pepsi without ice. the flavor was entertaining. one person tasted worcershire sauce, one soda, others including myself carbonated red wine. i really enjoyed this beer. the carbonation is just right, medium. the body is just acidic enough to clear the palate nicely. finishes with some dark fruit flavors, plums and some cherries, there is also a cidery aspect to this one, like a hard apple cider. a very nice drink, i think my girlfriend has a new favorite beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
funnyman (4) - CANADA - FEB 16, 2003 does not count
very rare and distinct not like any other beer - differs from lambic spicy and enjoyable highly recomended

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - FEB 14, 2003
Very nice fruity spiciness. Not like any other beer I've tried but I did like it i. Overally very enjoyable to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jazz88 (2546) - San Francisco, California, USA - FEB 12, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 11, 2003 Bottle (7 4 7 4 16). Dark red with a light brown head. A sugar sweet berry aroma. Very fruity in flavor with a hint of oak and a sweet palate with an aftershock of sourness. Re-Rate on tap at the Toronado Belgian beer month (8 4 9 4 18). Deep mahogancy color with a tan laced head. Sweet, tart, fruity, and a full mouthfull.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
schm1005 (151) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 11, 2003
It's like they put granny smith apples in a red ale. It makes me smack my lips with the sourness. I have never had a sour ale before so I am impressed. I wasn't sure that I would like it that much but they balance the sour fruity tones with adequate malt flavors so it is not overwhelming. I enjoyed this beer though I may not be able to drink too much at one time.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - FEB 11, 2003
Ocassionally I have a beer that works its way into the recesses of my brain and sparks sudden flashes of memory from god knows when - like some olfactory snapshot of my childhood. This for some reason, brought an image of the first time I ever tried my parents' wine. This is a mix of fermented green apple, clove, sour grape, and potpourri. There is a sharp hint alchohol and an insistent tinny taste that runs along the palate and sits on the back of the tongue - very very tinny, tastes like I licked a metal pole. But, save for the unpleasant finish this is a decent red.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Oakes (12234) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 9, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 14, 2005 Well-named, as its burgundy colour would indicate. Mix of woody lactic notes, tomato, pomegranate, apple skins and acetic notes. Sweet maltiness in the palate, alongside icing sugar, caramel apples, and a light acetic note which spoils an otherwise clean lactic undertone. Sweet & sour, quite drinkable, but I do find the acetic notes to be rather off-putting. You have to love acetic acid (vinegar) to love this beer. If you don’t, it’ll go down the drain.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2003
I can not appreciate this style, the winney taste distracts for me. The sweet and sour I can understand but it just does not come together for me

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SteC (135) - Oostende, BELGIUM - FEB 6, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 13, 2007 This one is a typical beer in its style, initially very spicy and fruity, and more bitter and sour later on. Very surprising when you drink this one for the first time.