overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2286   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ando (105) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - DEC 10, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2008 *I like it will buy it again* the cork says exp date nov.2007 app: NICE, I poured it right into a duvel tulip, a 2 finger head. deep rich garnet ruby color kahki colored head.. its just pretty. smell: sour, little dark viniger, some spiciness in the nose. I love this smell. I really do. something inviting and wamring about it. taste: Yum Yum Yum. a little sweet and meek up front then mild sour tartness then more refined sweets, then booze on the breath like a nice post white wine sip. actually the soft fruity sweet finish reminds me a lot of a very mild white wine... little pepper in it to. has a little spice and spritz in the back of the throat that reminds me of the way sparkiling cider that I had to drink on new years when I was young felt. very balanced, very smooth then exciting then smooth again. I was a little worried that it would be a lot more sour than it is.. cause I have this big bottle all to myself. BUT its easy sailing. mf: spritzy, alive.. I wish it was more carbonated. and or thicker.. I dunno. Its good.. Actually silky, thats it, I wish it was more silky. drinakble?: very very drinkable.. the cider type spritz spice, slows you down a little.. also the feeling like drinking to much cider, that if you chugged vats of this you would have to sit down on the pot for a long time slows me down a bit. OverAll: today was my 1 year day of joining BA, great beer to have as a reward for putting up with that silly site. This is really great beer, and if you are scared of the whole wild beer sour tart pucker thing, no worries here. It is there but mild. I think some of the lady’s might even love this one.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
daniellunsford (105) - - AUG 24, 2012
Tremendous Flemish sour with notes of balsamic vinegar, figs, chocolate, honey, and tart cherries. Really benifits from a mix of 8 and 18 month ages, the 8 bringing a unique sweetness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
apickles (105) - North Yorkshire, ENGLAND - NOV 18, 2013
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2014 Medium red colour with slight frothy head. Very vinegary nose. Sour. Amazing wheaty biscuit after-taste. Fizzy in the mouth.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
veronneaupy (105) - Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, CANADA - APR 25, 2014
On sent le baril de chêne et l'acidité perçante. J'adore cette bière. Bien joue qu'on en trouve facilement a la SAQ! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
mcbeyond (104) - Newport Beach, California, USA - OCT 26, 2009
Fairly sour on the nose, a bit like non-vintage Bollinger, but not as stomach-acidy. Weakish palate with rotting lemon peel. Long finish. Bottle says best before 2/1/10. Has it spent two years in the bottle already? Maybe it needs more age, but I’m not sure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
giarcsr (103) - Carlsbad, California, USA - APR 15, 2005
My first flemish sour. Pours a great dark reddish, brown color with no sediment, which surprises me. Aroma is somwhat wine like and fruity. Flavor is very sour and fruity, and very sweet. I can’t say that I love this style or beer, but I can’t say it is a bad beer. If you like the style you’ll probably like this.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
imzugzug (103) - Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 29, 2006
Red in the glass. Fruity in the nose. Thin mouthfeel. Sour fruity taste with a dry finish. Kinda boring but not at all bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
xpimptastikx (103) - Austin, Texas, USA - OCT 20, 2008
Pours a reddish deep brown, copper when held to the light. Off white head without much retention. Smells strongly of balsamic vinegar, yeast, cherries, and grapes. Has a sharp up front taste, which proceeds to the feeling you have just ate a slice of bread. Not as sour as the aroma leads on, but could be too much for some people.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dand645 (103) - Bayonne, New Jersey, USA - AUG 4, 2009
ruby red pour with a large head with a red tint...Im not sure what’s up with this beer, but I cant get past the vinegar, acetone nose, flavor is sweet and tart with cherries in the finish

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Macadem (103) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 9, 2009
Pours a dark brown with a fizzy head that disapears very quickly, the head almost looks like a soda pop being poured. Smells of grapes, apricot, raisins, prunes and sherry. Has a tartness, and a sweetness, tastes of deep fried potato, apple and red grapes. Very fruity and complex. Nice lacing.