overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2715   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
505 (271) - Echo Park, California, USA - JUL 17, 2007
Aroma not terribly strong, of woody vinegar and cherries. Pours dark brown with a small lasting head. Hits sweet, then tart and cherry, then has a bitter and dry finish. Pretty good overall, but not as out there as I like in my FS.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
omnivore (270) - San Francisco, California, USA - APR 6, 2003
Boston Beer Summit 2003: Shiney, deep brown color, almost a little disturbing. :) Pungently sweet and fruity aroma. The flavor was awesomely sour and fruity and malty. I was really surprised. Finishes quickly, leaves the mouth going "Ooooh!" A friend compared it to sweet wine vinegar, and I could see where the comparisons could be made, but this it definately not something to be used on a salad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
jikvig (269) - NORWAY - OCT 14, 2010
Very hard to rate, because this is not my cup of tea. But I did my best; A tall, WILD foam on top of a dark dark red beer. Not unlike a gueze with a acidic fruitynes with some licorice. It smells like they hangover, only in a good. way. On the palate it´s high acid but a really nice body and structure with some sweetness in the end. It follows the aromas in flavour, but it got more of an sweet licorice taste going on.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
cewldre (268) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 3, 2006
I did not really care for this beer, but had to rate it in a way that was fair. It has a lot of taste and aroma. Very strong on both categories, so rating it lower do to the fact that I would probably not drink it again would not be a good way to have consistent ratings. Anyways, smells and tastes almost exactly like malt vinegar. The first thing I thought when I had this beer at the local pub was that it would go great with fish and chips. Very acidic. Ok, so, well, I lied... I would drink it again. I know, it’s strange, I liked it, in a weird sort of way... Something about it, maybe the mystery of it has me wanting more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kms399 (267) - plymouth, Minnesota, USA - MAY 25, 2006
aroma is sour, yeasty, and malty. taste is slightly acidic with a light sour apple/dark fruit after taste. pours a clean deep ruby red with a huge fluffy off white head.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
LiteWait (267) - New Hampshire, USA - JUL 10, 2011
On Tap at Sunset Grill in Allston MA, Aroma is of sweet cherries. Color is dark brown with thick white head and light carbonation. Thick on the tongue and very sweet. Kind of like a cherry syrup. It was yummy. Tasted with AirforceHops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Wixie (267) - BELGIUM - MAR 22, 2015
Dark liquid, small head. Strange winelike aroma. Medium body, no carbonation. Taste is sweet and bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AAEA (266) - California, USA - DEC 23, 2014
11.2 FL OZ ($5.49) this was not my cup of tea however my girlfriend liked this, she said is was nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
CapedBrewsader (265) - Brasschaat, BELGIUM - JUL 7, 2008
25 cl bottle at home: crisp dark cherry brown with a decent creamy tall tan head. Immediate notes of cherry syrup. Some dark crystal malt notes under the syrup. A tree-bark character floating around. Not quite wood. A faint lactic twang. The syrup is turning sickeningly sweet and artificial. In the mouth you are first hit with that syrup again. Definitely not a natural tasting sweetness. Cherry and a bit of muddled malt character come up under the sugar just before a decent lactic character rolls in. This however turns bad when the sweetness rolls back in. "Old coin" metallic character at end with some cold tea. A bit thick on the tongue. Perhaps a bit high on the CO2 as well. It drives something astringent into the back of your nose. I remember this as being much better last time I had in several years back. Hmm... has it changed or have I wised up?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
sarahmarie (265) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 14, 2010
Smells a bit fruity, vinegar like qualities, with a hint of malt backing. It is tart above all other features, sharp and sour all around. Sweet fruits play along, sour cherries and grapes. After a while the taste reminds me of a Red Bull. Very sweet, with wine like acidity. Really wish there was more of a malt balance so I don’t forget I am drinking a beer. Every once and a while I can enjoy one of these, but too sweet and tart to handle a lot of.