overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2539   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
igel (196) - New Mexico, USA - SEP 3, 2004
Pours a deep red/brown color with an off white head. The head diminished almost immediately and left a thin sticky lace. The aroma is tart and more like wine than beer -- cider vinegar smell. The taste is tart like a cider. The mouthfeel was somewhat complex: tart at the beginning with a dry middle and an astringent finish. I have had this beer a couple of times. It does not appear to bee a good representation of the style, but a style of itself. An interesting experience.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
picknbrew (196) - Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA - JUL 12, 2010
UPDATED: JUL 13, 2010 750ml. at a BJCP study session. Pours a clear amber brown color with plenty of off white head. Some bready and malty aromas at first followed by some sour vinegar that fits in well with this beer. There is a lot going on in the flavor. Complex sweet fruit in the front but not cloyingly sweet. A surpisingly smooth sour acidic finish. Overall this is a well rounded complex beer with a sourness that fits in well with the aray of the different elements offered in this beer. I like it!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Syfher (196) - Brussels, BELGIUM - OCT 4, 2014
One of my favourite beers. Because of his maturation in oak casks, we got here a beer with great and complex aroma, with a little bit resin taste. For the appearance, we face ŗ reddish-brown beer (as said in the description) but more than that, itís like a very "brune kriek". I canít really describe the palate and taste beacause of all the particularities of its. You must try one of our best "Vieille Brune des Flandres".

clockk (196) - Lada / Langreo, SPAIN - APR 13, 2015
Esta cerveza tiene un sabor acido pero a la vez dulce, una espuma media y abundante carbonatacion.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MereLikesBeer (195) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - MAY 27, 2009
This beer was mighty tasty! Thatís almost all I have to say about it. I tried a bit of it at a bar that was dimly lit, so my guess for appearance is sort of swayed. Taste and aroma, however, were amazing. I almost didnít know what to think of it. It had a VERY strong smell, fruity, and at first I couldnít pinpoint it, but it was certainly vinegar. Amazing! Taste was just out of control. It was like candy yet sour too... man, out of this world. I just cant wait to have some more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerhandy (195) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - APR 4, 2005
bottle 2004 poured into a chalice Deep amber brew with a fluffy off white head that subsides to lace islands. Aroma is balsamic vinegar mingled with some sweet honeysuckle. Taste is both sweet and sour ,cherry is present and vinegar, its very carbonated .Very rich, very Flemish and something for the chefs to experiment with in the Kitchen

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bigabe (194) - California, USA - JAN 30, 2011
Not my favorite of the sour ales. Nose is a little too funky, even for this style... almost moldy. I tried a few bottles of varying sizes that all I had this problem. The usual sour, tart notes are there. But there is an underlying almost creaminess that dulls out all of the tart, floral flavors and really just ruins the beer for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
drjoeng (194) - - JUN 3, 2015
ABV 6.2% Nice thick head poured out of the bottle. Admirably retains all of this head throughout my drink. This was satisfying to see and sample with every pull. Nose is mildly yeasty. Strong overtones of grape and tannin; just me trying to avoid using the word "wine". Clean ale mouth that is fleeting and then followed by an overwhelming vinegary mouth that slowly gives away flavors of toasted wheat and barley with lingering notes of plum and and orchid stems. Appetizing after taste that makes me want chicken wings. Pleasant enough, but not necessarily my favorite beer. Pals with wine coolers and ciders where bright fruity or citrusy flavors predominate. Could possibly be served as a mulled beer given itís distinctly wine-y lineage. CAVEAT: This rating gets very middle of the road marks, because I just donít trust my palate to know when it has a good sour beer. I appreciate the time and expertise it took to do this.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
o_Merlin_o (193) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 2, 2014
On tap at Slaters 50/50. Pours a chestnut brown with off-white head. Excellent lacing. Strangest aroma I've ever had in a beer - vinegar. I love vinegar! Excellent palate. Awesome blend of sweetness, sour, and vinegar. This is a strange beer, but I love it! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
collieman (191) - montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 1, 2006
Mtl beer fest. Ok, so I could see how people would love this, but not me. Flavour was dominantly sour, way to sour for me. Cource, I dont like sour beer. Might be great for you, not so great for me. Cheers