overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2361   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Timvim (106) - Uppsala, SWEDEN - JUN 19, 2014
Bottle @ home 20140619. Deep red, clear liquid. Large light brown head with ok head retention. Large bubbles. Aroma of cherry pits, toffee, oak and a hint of acetone. Tastes cherries, cherry pits, more red fruits, oak. Quite sweet, although well balanced. Soft mouthfeel with some acetic acid in the aftertaste. On par with Rodenbach grand cru, a little bit sweeter (a bit to much for me), but lacks the corn taste of the rodenbach. Will try these side by side and rank a favorite, as prices are similar. Edit: OK, so I did pour a Rodenbach grand cru right away. Duchesse de bourgogne is a bit more complex and have more depth in flavor and aroma. Rodenbach is a bit lighter and less sweet, which I like, and lacks the acetone in the aroma. They are both very very similar, but I would definitively choose rodenbach, despite the slight corn taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
solvaris (106) - - OCT 5, 2014
---- personal review, no claim to be representative or neutral ---- repost undesired --- ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
malbert (105) - odense, DENMARK - MAY 2, 2002
A beautiful bordeaux beer with notes of blackberries. Very sweet and very suitable to accompany a dessert.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rybowen (105) - Los Angeles 90039, California, USA - AUG 5, 2006
Beautiful red color with off-white head and an exotic, winey aroma. Flavor is sour, balanced with malt, which is interesting, and assertive. Yeasty flavors underneath and a tinge of hops in the finish. Nice, outside-the-box brew. I like it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
epassa (105) - Sao Paulo, BRAZIL - SEP 6, 2007
Ruby color, good head. Aromas: Sour, acid, apple, cherry, citric. Palate: Sour, malt, oak, fruity, sweet. Complex.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ando (105) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - DEC 10, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2008 *I like it will buy it again* the cork says exp date nov.2007 app: NICE, I poured it right into a duvel tulip, a 2 finger head. deep rich garnet ruby color kahki colored head.. its just pretty. smell: sour, little dark viniger, some spiciness in the nose. I love this smell. I really do. something inviting and wamring about it. taste: Yum Yum Yum. a little sweet and meek up front then mild sour tartness then more refined sweets, then booze on the breath like a nice post white wine sip. actually the soft fruity sweet finish reminds me a lot of a very mild white wine... little pepper in it to. has a little spice and spritz in the back of the throat that reminds me of the way sparkiling cider that I had to drink on new years when I was young felt. very balanced, very smooth then exciting then smooth again. I was a little worried that it would be a lot more sour than it is.. cause I have this big bottle all to myself. BUT its easy sailing. mf: spritzy, alive.. I wish it was more carbonated. and or thicker.. I dunno. Its good.. Actually silky, thats it, I wish it was more silky. drinakble?: very very drinkable.. the cider type spritz spice, slows you down a little.. also the feeling like drinking to much cider, that if you chugged vats of this you would have to sit down on the pot for a long time slows me down a bit. OverAll: today was my 1 year day of joining BA, great beer to have as a reward for putting up with that silly site. This is really great beer, and if you are scared of the whole wild beer sour tart pucker thing, no worries here. It is there but mild. I think some of the lady’s might even love this one.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
daniellunsford (105) - - AUG 24, 2012
Tremendous Flemish sour with notes of balsamic vinegar, figs, chocolate, honey, and tart cherries. Really benifits from a mix of 8 and 18 month ages, the 8 bringing a unique sweetness.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
mcbeyond (104) - Newport Beach, California, USA - OCT 26, 2009
Fairly sour on the nose, a bit like non-vintage Bollinger, but not as stomach-acidy. Weakish palate with rotting lemon peel. Long finish. Bottle says best before 2/1/10. Has it spent two years in the bottle already? Maybe it needs more age, but I’m not sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Duntoyou (104) - Kr.sand, NORWAY - MAR 8, 2012
Rater denne dagen derpå. Balansert og fin lukt, ike for slående. Lukter ikke kraftig munnfølels, mørke rødt, kullsyre. Så flott ut i glasset. Nydelig smak. Rett inn på topp 5. Hærlig balanse mellom surt og søtt. Ble som en liten komposisjon i munnen, fantastisk fylde, spesielt målt opp mot den lave alkoholprosenten.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
giarcsr (103) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 15, 2005
My first flemish sour. Pours a great dark reddish, brown color with no sediment, which surprises me. Aroma is somwhat wine like and fruity. Flavor is very sour and fruity, and very sweet. I can’t say that I love this style or beer, but I can’t say it is a bad beer. If you like the style you’ll probably like this.