overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2286   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
mataichi (63) - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, USA - SEP 17, 2010
12 oz bottle from CBX. Pours a dark reddish brown with medium off white head. Aroma like fruity vinegar and maybe some earthy overtones. This is my first dip into sour ales and I think I like it. Kind of feels like my tongue is numb after a sip. Very fruity and obviously has a nice sour punch that I am not used to. Very smooth and very drinkable. If I had to compare it to something I guess it would be like an apple cider drink, but much better.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BBHansen (63) - Køge, DENMARK - JUN 30, 2014
Bottle @ Ørsteds ølbar: Pours dark red with low off-white head and low carbonation. Aroma contains cherries, berries, vinegar, wine and raisins. medium, body, medium sweetness and lightly sour, overall very refreshing

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
boogerracing (62) - Iowa, USA - JAN 21, 2013
One of my favs although it reminds me more of a wine. Nice reddish brown color with cherry and oak smells with maybe some raisin in there. Nice and sweet taste that needs to be sipped. Medium body and very full on the palate. Great beer IMO.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mircoas (61) - ITALY - APR 15, 2014
non male ma non lo stile di birra che mi fa felice. Not my style of beer but good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Einned99 (61) - Rozenburg, NETHERLANDS - AUG 13, 2001
A favorite of a friend of mine and I also think it’s a real good red beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beeriodic (61) - Longmont, Colorado, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Pours an effervescent, frothy head that remains and laces down nicely. In the glass, it looks a lot like a Coke. Sour nose. Wow, the flavor is something special, tart and sweet, a little woody... hard to describe at this point in my beer-ducation. The complexity reminds me of a dubbel, but much sweeter and more tart. Loved one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bugrat (60) - Cph. V, DENMARK - SEP 16, 2005
Bottle, the aroma is a strange combination of sweet and vinegar; dark brown color with a long-lasting tan head; the taste is definitely sour, very much my taste.......

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Oregon_butcher (60) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - OCT 26, 2013
Dark redish, brown in the glass. Thick head, that leaves a heavy lacing on the glass. Smells sour and delicious. Taste is tart with a very sour aftertaste. Good sour ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

vincentvega72 (59) - - APR 5, 2014
UPDATED: JUN 8, 2014 Donkerrood met kleine schuimkraag. Zeer uitgesproken zurig aroma met geuren van eik, kersen, wijn en donker fruit. Heerlijk mondgevoel waarbij de rijping op eiken vaten heel goed naar voren komt. Lekkere afdronk. Topbiertje.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
trevman7 (58) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 4, 2010
This was my first sour ale and I found it exceptionally different for anything I have had before. I was a little shocked by the taste at first but either because it was warming up or because it is an aquired taste, I began to enjoy it thouroughly. The aroma is very strong and smelled of vinegar. There was little to no head and it was a dark brown that glistened red in the light. The taste was almost like a bitter sour wine.