Brewed by Verhaeghe
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2600   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
igel (196) - New Mexico, USA - SEP 3, 2004
Pours a deep red/brown color with an off white head. The head diminished almost immediately and left a thin sticky lace. The aroma is tart and more like wine than beer -- cider vinegar smell. The taste is tart like a cider. The mouthfeel was somewhat complex: tart at the beginning with a dry middle and an astringent finish. I have had this beer a couple of times. It does not appear to bee a good representation of the style, but a style of itself. An interesting experience.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
picknbrew (196) - Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA - JUL 12, 2010
UPDATED: JUL 13, 2010 750ml. at a BJCP study session. Pours a clear amber brown color with plenty of off white head. Some bready and malty aromas at first followed by some sour vinegar that fits in well with this beer. There is a lot going on in the flavor. Complex sweet fruit in the front but not cloyingly sweet. A surpisingly smooth sour acidic finish. Overall this is a well rounded complex beer with a sourness that fits in well with the aray of the different elements offered in this beer. I like it!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
brianza_ale (196) - ITALY - MAR 14, 2015
UPDATED: APR 10, 2015 Pours a medium size dense and creamy beige head; darkest brown colour, ruby reflexes. Smells basement, brett, vinegar and wine notes, wood, nice and complex. Tastes cherry, lactic, balsamic vinegar, syrupy, lemony; there’s actually a dominant medium level sweetness, that you wouldn’t expect from the smell, a light to medium sour notes/acetic, almost none bitterness. Medium body, medium to lively carbonation. Intresting sweet/sour matching, but was a bit really too much on the sweet side for my taste, and that quite ruined it for me

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MereLikesBeer (195) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - MAY 27, 2009
This beer was mighty tasty! That’s almost all I have to say about it. I tried a bit of it at a bar that was dimly lit, so my guess for appearance is sort of swayed. Taste and aroma, however, were amazing. I almost didn’t know what to think of it. It had a VERY strong smell, fruity, and at first I couldn’t pinpoint it, but it was certainly vinegar. Amazing! Taste was just out of control. It was like candy yet sour too... man, out of this world. I just cant wait to have some more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerhandy (195) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - APR 4, 2005
bottle 2004 poured into a chalice Deep amber brew with a fluffy off white head that subsides to lace islands. Aroma is balsamic vinegar mingled with some sweet honeysuckle. Taste is both sweet and sour ,cherry is present and vinegar, its very carbonated .Very rich, very Flemish and something for the chefs to experiment with in the Kitchen

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bigabe (194) - California, USA - JAN 30, 2011
Not my favorite of the sour ales. Nose is a little too funky, even for this style... almost moldy. I tried a few bottles of varying sizes that all I had this problem. The usual sour, tart notes are there. But there is an underlying almost creaminess that dulls out all of the tart, floral flavors and really just ruins the beer for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Vili (194) - FINLAND - NOV 18, 2015
25cl bottle. Clear, dark amber-brown pour with thin, light brown head. Aromas of ripe fruit, dry wood and cherries. Taste is dry, complex, fruity sweet but bubbly. Lively carbonation, fresh palate. Aftertaste is really short but fresh and sweet at the same time. Really good and balanced, nice beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Die_Kapusta (191) - Malmö, SWEDEN - AUG 29, 2010
Pours very intense cherry red. Tiny head. Aroma is very exciting, with notes of balsamico, red apples, lingonberries and a bit of sour dough. Taste is acidic, with a somewhat balanced sweetness. I taste blackberries, raspberries, blood grapefruit and cherries. I haven´t had a lot of sour ales so I´m far from an expert, but I really liked this one.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
collieman (191) - montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 1, 2006
Mtl beer fest. Ok, so I could see how people would love this, but not me. Flavour was dominantly sour, way to sour for me. Cource, I dont like sour beer. Might be great for you, not so great for me. Cheers

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
tripelthreat (190) - Soquel, California, USA - MAY 6, 2009
330ml bottle. Another try after a nauseatingly sweet attempt many years ago. Small head on a reddish brown body. Nose is of raspberries and cherry, wood, and apple cider vinegar. Flavor is much of the same with sweetness and oak coming through very strong. Finish is short and fairly clean. While I’d like more acid, it’s a tasty and easy to drink sour.