overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2755   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jh773 (247) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 16, 2014
UPDATED: NOV 25, 2014 Transparent, dark ruby-brown, plenty of bubbles. Smells exactly like red wine (leathery tannins, fermented grapes). Taste is slightly sweet, balsamic vinaigrette; sourness builds up as you keep sipping, I recommend sharing with a friend. Crisp, fizzy palate.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
benfergy (246) - Valley City, North Dakota, USA - APR 7, 2015
Aroma is of some malt, and much vinegar. This put me off at first, but it grew on me. As I sipped, I also noticed an oak undertone. The taste - needless to say - very sour. The palate is invigorating. This sour beer is not for everyone... but I think it’s amazing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Vili (245) - FINLAND - NOV 18, 2015
25cl bottle. Clear, dark amber-brown pour with thin, light brown head. Aromas of ripe fruit, dry wood and cherries. Taste is dry, complex, fruity sweet but bubbly. Lively carbonation, fresh palate. Aftertaste is really short but fresh and sweet at the same time. Really good and balanced, nice beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
matbli (245) - Poznań, POLAND - APR 5, 2015
Bottle 750ml, pours clear brown with small white head, that lasts for quite a long time. Aroma of grapes, white wine, honey, vinegar, raisins and some delicate barnyard. In taste high sourness followed by heavy sweetness. No bitterness at all. IMO sweetness is a to high, but still it?s easy drinkable. Very fruity but when drinking for a longer time it starts being very insipid. Good beer but more than 300ml is to much.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
wildchefbill (245) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - MAR 25, 2004
Pours amber/garnet with a small head. Aroma is strong; balsamic vinegar, cherry, apples, and more. Very complex. The flavor is intense. Fruity, sweet. Apples and cherries dominate. The acidic finish is more crab apple than vinegar, but very strong. A nice dry aftertaste. Surprisingly balanced and very drinkable for such strong flavors.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
meathookjones (245) - Sterling, Virginia, USA - MAY 7, 2005
This appeared a deep brown caramel color with a fairly tall light tan head. Scatterings of lace were left as this was consumed and the head retention was minimal. Holy Crap when I first poured this I took a big whiff and was hit with a HUGE funky tart aroma that was a bit overpowering. After letting it air for a bit it became much more pleasant with a bit of fruity tartness, a slight vinegar smell and some woody notes. Flavor wise this was super tart on the first sip that made me think it was going to take a while to get through this glass. After it warmed a bit I found it much more tasty and palatable with a nice mix of tartness and sweetness balancing each other out with the tartness taking a slight lead. There were fruit flavors and woody notes in the taste as well and a fairly nice lingering sour after taste. Mouthfeel was about medium with a soda bubbly feel to it that kind of detracted from it a bit but not much. This was a real sipper for me and I would definitely have to be in the mood for one of these to drink it. I would have it again in the future but I doubt more than one bottle at a time. Very interesting stuff that deserves a shot if you come across it, and I suggest letting it air out and warm a bit for the best experience.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bonev (244) - POLAND - MAY 26, 2016
Idealnie wywazone jesli chodzi o slodycz, kwasnosc i goryczke. Piwo bardzo fajnie uklada sie w ustach. Bardzo fajnie orzezwia. W smaku ciemne owoce i taki ocet winno-balsamiczny. Trzeba koniecznie sprobowac!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
gottalottaibu (243) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - OCT 4, 2007
dark brown/ruby nice head. sweet fruit with a hint of sour akin to a red wine maybe. rich malt with a nice rounded mouthfeel. finish brings out the sourness just enough to let you know its there. even shows signs of a light cherry soda on occassion. like a cheerwine minus the sweetness for you southerners. lovely and easy drinking. one of my favorites.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JamesD (243) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - DEC 7, 2007
This beer is fairly odd. I was expecting something more sour than this, but it is still good. In appearance it is like looking through a burgundy prism. The aroma is higly sour and smells somewhat of red wine and cranberries. The flavor is more subdued. It is tart, crisp, combined with maltiness and a little bit of raisin flavor. It reminds me of a Spanish manzanilla sherry I once drank in terms of fruitiness. Specifically there are hints of raisin, raspberry, some green apple. At first I was disappointed because I was expecting something very sour, but the more I sip it, the more I appreciate it’s mellow blend of sourness, maltiness, and earthy fruit. Seek this out and buy a bottle!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Geuzelambix (243) - København, DENMARK - JUL 16, 2008
A strange beer with an acidic touch - almost like vinegar. On the other hand it’s rather sweet as well, and goes along fine with some kind of desert - or simply AS a desert. I didn’t like it the first time around, but now I admit it’s quite nice.