Brewed by Verhaeghe
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2597   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
AlexGR (167) - GREECE - DEC 10, 2014
Sweet and SOUR beer. with lots of fruits and beries and very high carbonation. Not my taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
delacerveza (166) - Florida, USA - NOV 3, 2001
very pretty color,but ugh. it was like drinking apple cider vinegar. i couldn’t finish it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
tomhenderson (166) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 10, 2005
11.2 oz bottle, best before 17-03-06. Pours clear red-brown (Coke?) with decent head. Aroma is unlike anything I’ve ever had! It’s sweet but there’s something else. Taste was no different. It was so sweet that even my wife almost liked it (she hates any kind of beer!) with a pronounced tart edge. Definitely an intriguing beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
NDbeerdrinker (166) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JUN 9, 2009
Aroma is ultra sweet malts, sour apple and cherry. Taste is sweet sour cherry, some caramel, vinegar, and a less that desirable aftertaste that takes away from an otherwise very good beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BrewMstr (166) - Pleasant View, Utah, USA - FEB 12, 2014
Beautiful ruby color and sour taste and aroma. Malt backbone with dry, fruit finish!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ktingleff (165) - - MAY 28, 2014
This is one of the best sour ales that I have had in a very long time. Ports if fruits. Excellent. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bryandhargrave (165) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - MAY 22, 2007
After riding a Hop wave for months a local bartender poured me a glass without telling me what i was drinking. Really good. People are right, strong cider and vinegar flavours. Beautiful colour. I found some locally very soon in the form of a 1pt 9.4oz bottle. Poured on my own I can smell and see this wonderful brew much better. I very much enjoy that it bubbles from the bottom of my 23oz glass well after my initial pour. Certainly a welcome change from my usual 100+ IBU selections.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
rodolito (163) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 18, 2003
Imbibed in November 2002. I really enjoy this beer as a result of the synergy of the flavors. A weird combination but nonetheless quite pleasing. A fruity wine aroma with a hint of vinegar. Pours a clear burgondy red color with a hint of brown. A medium head that rapidly disappears, leaving a small island of tiny bubbles in the middle of the glass that is surrounded by a thicker ring of bubbles on the edge of the glass. A medley of flavors on the tongue! Sweetness, wine, balsamic vinegar, faint soy, and currants. Mild carbonation but quite fizzy on the tongue. Medium mouthfeel with a clean finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
solvaris (163) - - OCT 5, 2014
---- personal review, no claim to be representative or neutral ---- repost undesired --- ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Crash_the_dog (163) - Fairway, Kansas, USA - APR 10, 2013
As perfect a sour beer as I've ever encountered, the rich ruby color pairs with a gorgeous creamy head, offering a medley of sour fruit flavored to the palette - apples, pears and cherries all make appearances. The taste is crisp, and the aftertaste is a perfect mirror of the initial flavors. This beer was my introduction to Belgian sours, and I've been chasing this dragon ever since. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone