overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2366   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
mataichi (63) - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, USA - SEP 17, 2010
12 oz bottle from CBX. Pours a dark reddish brown with medium off white head. Aroma like fruity vinegar and maybe some earthy overtones. This is my first dip into sour ales and I think I like it. Kind of feels like my tongue is numb after a sip. Very fruity and obviously has a nice sour punch that I am not used to. Very smooth and very drinkable. If I had to compare it to something I guess it would be like an apple cider drink, but much better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
HippieFee (63) - - AUG 16, 2014
Draft - looks like brown sugar with a hint of this dark red wine color. Tart, hints of oak, red grapes, and cherry. With all the oak aging it tastes more like a wine then a beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Syfher (62) - Brussels, BELGIUM - OCT 4, 2014
One of my favourite beers. Because of his maturation in oak casks, we got here a beer with great and complex aroma, with a little bit resin taste. For the appearance, we face ŗ reddish-brown beer (as said in the description) but more than that, itís like a very "brune kriek". I canít really describe the palate and taste beacause of all the particularities of its. You must try one of our best "Vieille Brune des Flandres".

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
boogerracing (62) - Iowa, USA - JAN 21, 2013
One of my favs although it reminds me more of a wine. Nice reddish brown color with cherry and oak smells with maybe some raisin in there. Nice and sweet taste that needs to be sipped. Medium body and very full on the palate. Great beer IMO.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Einned99 (61) - Rozenburg, NETHERLANDS - AUG 13, 2001
A favorite of a friend of mine and I also think itís a real good red beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beeriodic (61) - Longmont, Colorado, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Pours an effervescent, frothy head that remains and laces down nicely. In the glass, it looks a lot like a Coke. Sour nose. Wow, the flavor is something special, tart and sweet, a little woody... hard to describe at this point in my beer-ducation. The complexity reminds me of a dubbel, but much sweeter and more tart. Loved one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mandaritto (61) - LATVIA - AUG 14, 2014
Red-brownish color. Great ballanced between sourness and sweetness - hints of berries - maybe cherries. Easy drinkable beer, too sweet/sour for me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bugrat (60) - Cph. V, DENMARK - SEP 16, 2005
Bottle, the aroma is a strange combination of sweet and vinegar; dark brown color with a long-lasting tan head; the taste is definitely sour, very much my taste.......

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Oregon_butcher (60) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - OCT 26, 2013
Dark redish, brown in the glass. Thick head, that leaves a heavy lacing on the glass. Smells sour and delicious. Taste is tart with a very sour aftertaste. Good sour ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

vincentvega72 (60) - - APR 5, 2014
UPDATED: JUN 8, 2014 Donkerrood met kleine schuimkraag. Zeer uitgesproken zurig aroma met geuren van eik, kersen, wijn en donker fruit. Heerlijk mondgevoel waarbij de rijping op eiken vaten heel goed naar voren komt. Lekkere afdronk. Topbiertje.