overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2499   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
hawkshadow (107) - Rural Retreat, Virginia, USA - JUN 27, 2005
Pours clear amber, virtually no head. Aroma is weak at best, with sweet but also of a wine that is turning to vinegar. Initial flavor is slightly winelike, and reminds me of ducksauce at a chinese restaurant. Finishes slightly bitter, somewhat sweet. Not really one that I would sit back and enjoy. My wife and mother(who tasted it with me) both really enjoyed this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Riotbeard (107) - Birmingham, USA - MAY 24, 2010
I feel like I should like this more, but I don’t... Aroma is fantastically tart with hints of cherry and apple. Color is brown tinged with red. Taste is sweet, too sweet for my taste. Hints of cherry and citrus. Palate is rich and creamy. Just too sweet...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
rulas3 (107) - Madrid, SPAIN - SEP 5, 2012
Apariencia: color rojo muy oscuro, casi negro, pero no turbio y traslucido. Corona escasa color marfil y de burbuja grande. Nivel medio de carbónico. Aroma: Destaca el vinagre de módena, toques a madera y carácter ligeramente terroso. Sabor: ácido y dulce a la vez, ambos sabores se compensan, no es empalagosa ni seca. se nota bastante el sabor torrefacto, a pasas y caramelo, pero también notas ácidas como manzana verde. También se percibe la madera en el retrogusto, que es muy largo. Alcohol muy bien integrado. una cerveza muy buena, un buen ejemplo de una Roja Flamenca. Con muchos matices y bastante compleja pero fácil de beber,

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
oneeighthcuban (106) - - APR 6, 2013
Sour taste, very sweet. No oak flavor despite being oak aged. Aroma smells mostly sour. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
GraffitiVandal (106) - Manitoba, CANADA - MAR 19, 2015
ENG: 330ml bottle from Liquor Mart in Winnipeg, poured into the tulip. Very dark red, clear color, nice, thick, light-beige head and plenty of lacing. Aromas of fortified wine / cherry liquor, red berries, a bit of alcohol. Very strong and sweet. Tastes sour but also strongly sweet, a lot of cherries and red berries, vinegar. Delicate aftertaste, a bit salty deep in the throat, medium body, low to medium carbonation. Overall greatly balanced between sour and sweet. I like it most from all sour beers I tried up to date.

PL: Butelka 330ml kupiona w Liquor Mart w Winnipeg, przelana do kieliszka. Barwa ciemno-czerwona, klarowna, ładna, gęsta, jasno-beżowa piana i dużo lejsingu. Aromaty wzmocnionego wina albo nawet nalewki wiśniowej, czerwona porzeczka, nieco alkoholu. Bardzo mocne i słodkie. W smaku kwaśnawe, ale i bardzo słodkie, bardzo mocno wiśniowe i porzeczkowe, do tego vinegar. W posmaku lekkie, nieco słone - głęboko w gardle, średnie odczucie w ustach, niskie do średniego nasycenie. Podsumowując bardzo fajnie zbalansowane pomiędzy kwaśnością a słodyczą. Najbardziej smakujące mi piwo z tego stylu jakie do tej pory miałem okazję spróbować.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
malbert (105) - odense, DENMARK - MAY 2, 2002
A beautiful bordeaux beer with notes of blackberries. Very sweet and very suitable to accompany a dessert.

justsayswell (105) - Kansas, USA - JAN 25, 2015
Pours a deep ruby-brown. Minimal head and lacing. Nose is red wine vinegar, oak, tart cherry, raspberry. Taste is cherry balsamic, wood, bit of cranberry. Hint of caramel. Medium body and fairly sweet. Finishes tart with a faint lingering sweetness. Really good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rybowen (105) - Los Angeles 90039, California, USA - AUG 5, 2006
Beautiful red color with off-white head and an exotic, winey aroma. Flavor is sour, balanced with malt, which is interesting, and assertive. Yeasty flavors underneath and a tinge of hops in the finish. Nice, outside-the-box brew. I like it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
epassa (105) - Sao Paulo, BRAZIL - SEP 6, 2007
Ruby color, good head. Aromas: Sour, acid, apple, cherry, citric. Palate: Sour, malt, oak, fruity, sweet. Complex.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ando (105) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - DEC 10, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2008 *I like it will buy it again* the cork says exp date nov.2007 app: NICE, I poured it right into a duvel tulip, a 2 finger head. deep rich garnet ruby color kahki colored head.. its just pretty. smell: sour, little dark viniger, some spiciness in the nose. I love this smell. I really do. something inviting and wamring about it. taste: Yum Yum Yum. a little sweet and meek up front then mild sour tartness then more refined sweets, then booze on the breath like a nice post white wine sip. actually the soft fruity sweet finish reminds me a lot of a very mild white wine... little pepper in it to. has a little spice and spritz in the back of the throat that reminds me of the way sparkiling cider that I had to drink on new years when I was young felt. very balanced, very smooth then exciting then smooth again. I was a little worried that it would be a lot more sour than it is.. cause I have this big bottle all to myself. BUT its easy sailing. mf: spritzy, alive.. I wish it was more carbonated. and or thicker.. I dunno. Its good.. Actually silky, thats it, I wish it was more silky. drinakble?: very very drinkable.. the cider type spritz spice, slows you down a little.. also the feeling like drinking to much cider, that if you chugged vats of this you would have to sit down on the pot for a long time slows me down a bit. OverAll: today was my 1 year day of joining BA, great beer to have as a reward for putting up with that silly site. This is really great beer, and if you are scared of the whole wild beer sour tart pucker thing, no worries here. It is there but mild. I think some of the lady’s might even love this one.