overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2505   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kane (111) - USA - JAN 13, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 12, 2005 This rating is based on a tapped version. Served in its proper glass it was a dark brown with a 1.5 inch off-white head. Aroma was a mild sour fruit. Here is where the similarity between the bottle version and the tap version differ. The bottle version I have tried is sour and effervescent, the tap version is sweet and flat. I prefer the bottle version, which is my response with most Belgians.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GarethYoung (1109) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - APR 28, 2005
[bottle: snifter]pours a dark red colour, with a large foamy head that quickly diminishes to a film. sweet fruity aroma, apples and a little cherry, there is also a dusty smell of yeast. very sweet upfront and finishes long and sour, reasonable body.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
IMtheOptimator (1162) - Bethel, Connecticut, USA - JUN 1, 2005
Hmm... this is an interesting one. Poured brownish-amber with a fizzy tan head which dissipated quickly. Aroma sort of put me off, smelling like toffee and sour meat. I was rather afraid to taste it, but I’m glad I got over it. Flavor is very nice, with dominating tastes of tart black cherries, rounding out to a somewhat dry, nutty finish. Very pleasant. Not something I would seek out again, but I’m glad I tried it. Was also interested to see it listed in Michael Jackson’s Great Beer Guide.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Lunkie (1539) - Glen Iris, AUSTRALIA - JUL 3, 2005
Spicy sweet hop aroma. Clear brown colour with good head. Sweet floral flavour with spice malt and hops. Very complex. Fizzy palate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
OldStyleCubFan (77) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUL 7, 2005
Dark amber color... little to no head out of the bottle... looks like a flat coke. Clear sour cherry taste.....very sweat as well...nice smooth mouth feel... at first I thought it was a little too sweet but by the end, I’ve warmed up to it

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - JUL 11, 2005
Oh, why did I try this? Was too tart and sour for me, but, It IS a flemish sour, right. Jim, you may have crept into my subconcious. This grew on me, like mss and mold.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
tomhenderson (166) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 10, 2005
11.2 oz bottle, best before 17-03-06. Pours clear red-brown (Coke?) with decent head. Aroma is unlike anything I’ve ever had! It’s sweet but there’s something else. Taste was no different. It was so sweet that even my wife almost liked it (she hates any kind of beer!) with a pronounced tart edge. Definitely an intriguing beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ElBorracho (472) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 19, 2006
Bottle. Amber with a white foamy head. Sour aroma that hits you right on the noggin’. Sour cherries and raspberries finish with a slightly vinegar aftertaste. A decent sour.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 4, 2006
Bottle. Pours a bronze red\brown with a minimal off-white head. Aroma of fermented cherries, and alcohol. Flavor is sweet up front, fruity, carbonated with a sour tart finish. Good body, ok brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
cchubb (74) - Minneola, Florida, USA - JAN 19, 2007
Pours as a thick, reddish brown with white head and good carbonation. Aromas of sour, acidic cider with cherry and rasberry notes. Taste bursts of fresh grape juice and red wine vinegar with nice oak notes. I found the overall body to be very light and unassuming with less of an acidic kick than I was expecting. Nicely subtle and the dry finish makes for a good starter beer.