overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2231   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Stine (1453) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 6, 2007
Tap at the Muddy Pig. Murky oak brown appearance. Aroma of green apple and vinegar. A powerful citrus punch up front. A smoky, sharp taste of stone ground mustard dominates the body, with a note of green apple long since browned. Aftertaste first of orange, then a kind of molded carpet oddity coats the mouth. Palate is too smooth for the style, also exhibiting an unbearable sweetness. Mostly a failure, to the point that something must be wrong.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Adenila (1557) - DENMARK - SEP 28, 2008
Rating #42from the european beer festival 2008. Clear brown loo. Aroma of cooked vegetables and a strong eartheren sourness. Old metal and again vegetables in the flavor with an ok tart finish. I usually like sour ales, but i have to agree with my mom on this one....

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dand645 (103) - Bayonne, New Jersey, USA - AUG 4, 2009
ruby red pour with a large head with a red tint...Im not sure what’s up with this beer, but I cant get past the vinegar, acetone nose, flavor is sweet and tart with cherries in the finish

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
GV (18) - , NETHERLANDS - AUG 19, 2009
Very nice sour and fruity aroma builds up expectations of a refreshing beer. The taste starts rich fruity and sour, however sweetness overwhelms everything else, and the after-taste is sweet as well. Not to my taste - too sweet. I prefer Rodenbach - it’s taste is somewhat similar but without the sweetness which spoils this beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Zita (4280) - Assentoft, DENMARK - JAN 9, 2010
wood ,soured milk,vinegar,brown, clear, frothy, brown foam, medium sweetness, lightly sour, light body, oily feel, lively, sirupy texture, a suprice beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
brekeriet (139) - SWEDEN - FEB 10, 2011
Aroma: lactic adid, vinagre, brett, rotten. The taste is way too sweet, and a lot of iron. Very nice appearance with a clear color. Ok head. Full bodied with lively carbonation. Not our type of beer at all.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
freretoc (443) - Besançon, FRANCE - APR 3, 2014
Bière très acide en bouche elle s’avère assez fruitée et vineuse peu intéressante

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cheesemonster99 (14) - Glasgow, - APR 25, 2002
A beer with a very bizarre taste. I can’t say that i’ve tried anything like this before although whether thats a good thing or not...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - APR 26, 2003
It isn't that I don't like sour beers, but the vinegar is just too much. Huge acid and sour character makes this all but undrinkable in my book. I can taste that it is quality beer, but it doesn't taste good to me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
humulus (339) - Salem, Missouri, USA - MAY 11, 2004
I’m rating this with ample leeway to the fact that I just can’t learn to appreciate this style nor do I understand what a good Flemish Sour is. It should have a nice balance between sweet and sour flavors. I tasted both, but there is certainly no balance. Balsamic vinegar flavor dominates, brown sugar super-sweetness comes in second then there is a salty aftertaste. Try as I did to enjoy, to look somewhere for some inkling of pleasure, I found only shrieking taste buds and cringing lips. It tasted as though it were made with stagnet, metallic drinking fountain water. While I admire anyone that can enjoy this beverage, as far as I’m concerned the Duchesse wears no clothes (actually, she is kinda hot).