overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2230   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
BigBen2120 (688) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 13, 2007
11.2oz brown bottle from Florian’s. My first Flemish Red. Dark brownish-red body with ruby-red highlights and a half an inch of light tan head. Smells acidic (like vinegar) with hints of fruit. Tastes acidic and fruity, like a raspberry maybe? After a few sips, a yeasty character starts to show too. Medium-bodied. Not sure what to think of this one... I’m sure it’s to style and great for what it is, but I just can’t get past that vinegar-like quality, which hurts the taste, smell, and drinkability... Call me unsophisticated and inexperienced, and compared to some I may be, but I am just not a fan of this one, sorry. At least I only ot an 11.2oz.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
ukoolaid (576) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - APR 6, 2007
UPDATED: APR 18, 2007 Bottle. I’m afraid I didn’t like this one at all. It’s probably my fault, as I "lost" it in my beer cabinet for who knows how long...1 year, 2 years? I didn’t mean to age it this long. It was barely sour. Mostly alcohol sweetness with rotten fruit. I owe this one another rating.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
TEJA (1214) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - JUN 4, 2007
A bottle that aged for 3 mounths. Too much leftover suger that makes it unballanced. The acidity don’t tast clean as in a Rodenbach.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jetboy (32) - USA - JUL 3, 2008
Ugh. It had a great smell if I was putting it on my salad, as a beer. Nyet.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
geeklimit (131) - USA - JUL 6, 2011
Pours a clear, dark ruby with a very, very tall and pillowy head. Sweet vinegar or red wine aroma. Strong sour flavoring of bitter green apples. Mouthfeel is watery. Reminds me more of a very strongly flavored hard cider than beer. I can understand people who might like it, but it’s hard to get into the style.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
lesifflebiere (1027) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 4, 2013
Rougeoyante avec un peu de mousse éthérée, dont un col se forme ; mi-épaisse, limpide, beaucoup de bulles. Effluves très épicées et pimentées, sucrées et tomatées. Très odorante ; goûte ce qu’elle sent, soit les tomates, les épices, le sucre, et les baies. Très agressive, finale poivrée. On s’y habitue quelque peu au fur et à mesure que s’enfilent les gorgées, néanmoins, elle est beaucoup trop agressive et tapageuse pour vraiment être charmante. Peut-être suis-je finalement un peu prude, mais à mon avis elle est peu invitante.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
olliejobbins (701) - Surrey, ENGLAND - OCT 21, 2013
330ml bottle. pours a clear but quite dark brown with minimal head. taste and aroma really didn’t do it for me. i found this to be a cross between balsamic and malt vinegar. i have read other peoples reviews and wonder whether mine was off? it was extremely bitter (sour) and would have been better served poured over fish and chips.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
cavana40 (21) - - NOV 24, 2013
Smells strongly of vinegar. I usually enjoy red ales but this was simply not to my preference. Pretty complex, and strong sour taste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
KM (307) - Tromsø, NORWAY - DEC 29, 2007
Bottle. Dark brown body, small off white head. Heavy sweet malty aroma. Way too sweet flavour. There is some complexity here, but I don’t whish to explore it further. (Brüssel (hotel room), 15.12.07)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
CH-303 (1320) - Fribourg, SWITZERLAND - JUL 1, 2008
Appearance: Dark redish brown. Nice amount of head. Aroma: Dark fruit. Sour/tart. Chocolate. Taste: Sweet fruit, though still sour. Quenching Info: 250ml bottle, 31/3-2007, 165/500